Help me identify this model - possible fake tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helixmendes

Reaction score
Hi.
I was searching for a semi hollow body guitar, and I found online this weird (I guess) tokai model.

https://m.olx.pt/anuncio/tokai-es-160-cb-hard-case-IDBvpBx.html?position=5&page=1

The seller claims is a mij tokai es160. I can tell just by the truss rod cover or isn't. Also, it has block inlay, in the first fret.
Can you help me identify this model? What about its value ? Could it be a real 160 Korean or China model?

Thanks very much
[/img]

Looks really fake in so many ways i would hate to start counting them.

Avoid
at
all
costs

You mean like a fake tokai? (Aliexpress)? I know heritage series may look like this one, but just can't find information about it

That is a shocking example of fakery and fraud. There isn't even a picture of the headstock logo, just a picture of a sticker! It probably doesn't even say tokai on there. Nothing about this guitar is legit which is why there's no information anywhere.

The guitar is fake and the seller knows it. Avoid.

It ringed a lot of bells. Although I'm not a tokai expert,I knew it wouldn't be a Japanese model. The seller Is trying to deal well below the price. What's the value of a guitar like that? What's the origin? Is it aliexpress like,or Canadian fake like?

helixmendes said:
It ringed a lot of bells. Although I'm not a tokai expert,I knew it wouldn't be a Japanese model. The seller Is trying to deal well below the price. What's the value of a guitar like that? What's the origin? Is it aliexpress like,or Canadian fake like?

It's hard to get tell because the seller is being deliberately deceptive. I would guess a cheap Chinese no-name that's been re-badged. Don't take the risk. It's a foolish purchase at any price.

helixmendes said:

Naught, to me it's about integrity.
I wouldn't even consider buying (even if it was a 'great quality, give away priced') fraudulent guitar.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/4807416-tokai-es-160-sr-vintage-series-es-style-electric-guitar-see-though-red This is what the genuine article looks like.

Back