Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crews Maniac Sound KTR NEXT 5D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earth to Marco78 ....... crickets chirping
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Crews KTR were Terada made according to them.
My mainly drawback to me was they don't have FEB which is a must on such a high money asked.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a guy in Tarrant County, Texas that has some old, vintage Gibsons; some more memorable examples are a '58 Flying V & a '58 Explorer.
Neither one has fret binding
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are mixing apples and oranges.
I am not talking about good guitars BUT EXPENSIVE Les Pauls. HIGH END Les Paul should have all the LP appointments and one is fret edge binding (among others).

And just remember those Flying V, Explorers and Futuras were experiments, oddball guitars with odd shapes and korina (limba) wood not so common and cheap at that time. That is the reason so few were made

ES-335s have no fret edge binding too....
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some es-335's do..
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regular 50s model Tokai ES are modeleld after do not. ES350s yes they do.
villager
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tokais do .. makes them better than the originals...
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitar hiro wrote:
my Crews Musicland Key KTR LS-02 gold top arrived today & no Customs duty

I have read on the web that earlier Crews Les Paul examples with a lower MSRP were made by Deviser, which may have been the case then (I don't know).

This LS-02 is a 5D/2016 example. It has the same mill work in the control route & the same serial # font as my NEXT 5D.
That would seem to indicate both were made by the same factory; the NEXT 5D being higher end/higher MSRP & the LS-02 being the Performance Series/lower MSRP.
I believe these are both Terada factory made guitars. Just thought I would throw that out there.

IMO the workmanship, fit & finish, and attention to detail on the LS-02 is just as good as the NEXT 5D, which is saying a LOT

Wanted to offer a small review of the two Crews KTR 5D examples I have had for some time now.

Both of my Crews KTR 5D guitars have turned out to be fantastic Les Pauls; even as different as they are I am very pleased with both

The Crews KTR NEXT 5D has quite a bit more weight, and the neck thickness is a solid 1 mm thicker at the first fret than the LS-02, making the neck thickness basically 'perfect' for my preference.
https://www.musicland.co.jp/pb/ktr/products/next-5d.html

The Crews KTR (5D) LS-02 '54 HB/GT is a bit under 9 lb., and the neck thickness is a bit thinner than my preference but I have really been playing this Les Paul a LOT.
This one is basically a Jeff Beck 'Oxblood' with a factory gold top & the back is a clear coat/natural/dark brown Mahogany.
The pickups are original but the Crews specs only states, "KTR Original x 2" but these pickups DO sound very GOOD.
The stop bar tail piece bridge IMO offers a completely different sonic dimension than the typical stop tail/ABR 1 set-up of the average Les Paul.
This particular example really does have some special combination of lumber; played acoustically/unplugged it has some major mojo within it's sonic signature.
https://www.musicland.co.jp/pb/ktr/products/ls02-54.html

Both guitars have the same size fret wire, .094" H x .056" W, and the fret work is completely flawless.

The NEXT 5D has a MSRP of 345,600 yen which is easily double plus the MSRP of the LS-02 but IMO the LS-02 holds it's own when compared side x side with the NEXT 5D.

These are the only two Crews examples I have had the pleasure to play, or to own, and the honey moons have both been over for some time.
I cannot say enough of how impressed I am with both of these Crews KTR 5D guitars; they got it 'right' when they put these out the factory door.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK; here is the deal.

I play my Crews KTR LS-02 very infrequently so, I don't have a very good reference point for the tonal/sonic response of the original pickups in this guitar.

So, I took the guitar out of the case today for the first time in likely three, or more months, and DAMN, these pickups are absolutely NUTZ!!!

The LS-02 is supposed to be the lower end Crews KTR Les Paul but these pickups sounds like a million buck$$$.

The only thing I have been able to find out about these pickups is from the Crews website: It states, "KTR Original" for pickups but it lists NO name for the pickups.

I cannot believe HOW GOOD these pickups sound.

Anyone that KNOWS what these pickups are in this 'bottom of the line' KTR example are, please let me know.

I played about 20 guitars today and these stock/original LS-02 pickups KILLED everything else
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: