Guitars Made in Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntimber

Reaction score
Hi,

I've two Japanese made Electric guitars from the 70's and 80's (so hard to date exactly) and both have been absolutely fantastic. I also have a number of Acoustics Guitars from a similar vintage (ibanez, Kasuga, Aria, Hayakawa and Takeharu) have to say they are great as well.
But focusing on the electrics, one is an Aria - Les Paul copy Speckled Gold Top, it has a bolt on neck with twin humbuckers. Sounds great plays great and looks great - i cant establish the year but I'm told it is mid 70's.
The other is an Aria Pro II, RS Straycat (production dates puts it between 1984-1986) this is also loaded with twin humbuckers and sounds awesome, has a coil tap, with a push pull selector.
Both are all original, except the les paul which didn't have the plastic nib on the selector switch when i got it, i got one from the music store and it fit like a glove (colour is a bit off - but works).
I have read good things about Japanese guitars but was originally concerned that they were the equivalent of todays Chinese knock offs.
I am pleased to say they are outstanding instruments.
Interested to know what others think about them and their experiences?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=14544
Motion graphics service

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back