Love Rock Pickup Change

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkilius

Reaction score
Anyone used or tried Tonerider Alnico 4 pickups????

i find the stock pickups ( MK2s) a little muddy (neck) and too harsh (bridge).

I've used Seth Lovers and Dimarzio's 36th previously . I really like the Seth Lovers but my budget is very limited.

Any thoughts???

I have several vintage Love Rocks. One of the PUs I have in one of them that I like a lot are:

https://www.fralinpickups.com/product/pure-paf/

I have the Duncan Slash Alnicos in one of them. They are good but they seem a little bit harsher than the PAFs. Then p90s in one and Gibson classic 57s from the 90s in one. The Gibsons can be real hit or miss though. Some are really good some are pretty crappy.

I got the "Lindy Fralin PURE P.A.F. HUMBUCKER Pickup Gibson Set - 8/9K Zebra Bobbins" ones.

I used different pickups on my Tokai's.

Sad, I never tried the Tonerider that is a little far away from me.

We have the traditionnal Seymour Duncan Antiquity, that will deliver great sounds. The Bare Knuckles Mule, that are sweeter and cleaner with a good personality. We have Haüssel pickups, that are great for rock stuff, very ac-dc-ish sounding. The references around here are Amber pickups. They are splendid on tokai's and it's difficult to describe, but there is something more going on, everywhere.

Jim Rolph 58's are the ticket if you are able to spend 400 usd, the greatest pickups I have ever tried. They remind me Seth Lovers but with a plus (in facto both are 58 PAF recreations).

thanks for input guys.............but as you know who says................
....I still haven't found what i'm looking for..................

Latest posts

Back