HAS THIS FORUM BEEN EXHAUSTED?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Reaction score
Has this forum been exhausted?
My schedule has not allowed me to come back very often, however when I do, the messages are old and some from the last time I was on here.

Perhaps we should all try to engage more, its a great forum and I can't imagine it not being here..

The Phantom

First we have to ask is why forum owner is out Phantom......No promotion and no assistance to us....

I guess people have an age and talked a lot and there is another forum with more active members than this. And there you have facebooks and the like....

I guess we would have to ask japanese knowledge people coming here to participate as they are the source....

luis said:
I guess people have an age and talked a lot and there is another forum with more active members than this. And there you have facebooks and the like....

Not the case for me, I'm also a member on StratTalk, a forum with more/active members and they also have a more 'lively' Tokai section.
Yet, this forum is my main site, it's my startup/home page and I visit several times a day.

I must admit that after 'the rumble' from a few years back, with some active members being banned (→ just an observation @Ned, not a right or wrong judgment on my behalf) the number of discussions have been reduced.

I still see this forum as my No1! But I agree that some more 'lively' discussions/reviews/chats would be welcome.

I also still see numerous new members* (*→ see 'recent joined' memberlist pages → http://www.tokaiforum.com/memberlist.php) making posts and asking questions, but without many responses it fades.
I think it's up to the handfull 'regular' (us :wink: ) members to kickstart this forum.

I still like it - I've been a member since 2003 it's not like it was back in the day in terms of activity. This was the definitive MIJ forum at the time. I think there's more info out there now (other forums, Facebook and social media as a whole). I think that has had an impact.

I'll admit that I kind of drive by the "hey what's my guitar worth?" posts these on here these days.

I joined here about 10 years ago and the fine folks here helped me with their knowledge, i've learned a thing or two and try to help the people who come around now as a repayment to that old guard. I do find myself wondering if there isn't only 10 or so active members left.

I do like how this thread was your 666th post Phantom.

there may not be the same amount of interest in MIJs, or Tokai guitars as there was say 10 years ago but that should not be a reflection on the TF, the membership, nor the ownership here

It is what it is & we should all appreciate the TF for all of the positives we have gained from being here all these years

And many thanks to Ned for this great place :)

I can't believe I've been around since 2006. Still pop by, but not to post really.

My tune of the day thread is at page 135, I'm very proud of it :D

Phantom said:
Has this forum been exhausted?

My opinion since the last 3 or 4 years ? The most boring forum I know...Remembering 8 years back this was a great place to be.

I think long time members could be tired of all the same questions they 've seen and answered a billion times.Not one single newbie here is using the search function or doing a little search in the registry where answers about specs or year of manufacturing are easy to find in a few minutes.Instead day by day every newbie is asking "Hi I got a new tokai.Can anyone tell me what I have and what model it is and so on blablabla..."
I can truely understand that members are tired of explaining the same things hundred times a year and do not longer participate on such threads.Just my opinion.

By the way my name here was ibicus til today when it was not possible to login with my password and even restoring the password was not possible because of my unknown mailadress.No idea what happened or if I've been hacked but anyway I created a new account now ;-)

luis said:
First we have to ask is why forum owner is out Phantom......No promotion and no assistance to us....

I guess we would have to ask japanese knowledge people coming here to participate as they are the source....

8) hello tokai luis. i am joey hamamatsu from yokosuka, japan. i work for the music store in yokosuka. very nice to meet you!

Latest posts

Back