I *think* this is '95 MIK ALS42 Love Rock, can you help..?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillman

Reaction score
So, I recently made a hasty bid on a Tokai LP which I assumed was MIJ, but on closer inspection of the photos is almost certainly MIK..too late, the bid was made and I ended up winning!
YH3ywZ5.jpg

Well, I'm tweaking it and it's turning into quite a decent player but I would be interested to know what it is I've actually bought...

I have read the excellent thread by RebornOld here - http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=163651&sid=ee161406cbcae63d2e582ae9f5412084

and I suspect it is an ALS42 1995-97 MIK for the following reasons -

Headstock 'dimple' and two-screw, pointed bell TRC
bDae5OC.jpg

Mini-pots and green caps
ofRlDzQ.jpg

And no serial number anywhere

A couple of things are slightly different to what I might expect.

I think I read something from a member whose 90s MIK was short-tenon but this one appears to be long-tenon.
TF0iRJu.jpg

Checking the 1995/8 catalogs I think the color would have to be cherry sunburst but all the pictures show it fading to yellow, whereas mine is far more orange (which I actually really like).
3Dev4SP.jpg

Any theories or extra info gratefully received! At the very least there will be a few more photos here for those trying to date their MIKs :D

Its not a made in Japan model so if it has no serial number on the back and a 2 screw trussrod. I think you are right on the money with your guess.

Latest posts

Back