Help to identify Tokai Goldstar Strat without serial number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ori

Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone help me to identify this Tokai Goldstar bought second-hand from a music store in the UK: https://imgur.com/a/t3srP

It has "Made in Japan" on the back of the neck, but no serial number anywhere. As far as I can tell, everything is original apart from the pickups and probably the pickguard.

I'm guessing that it's not a vintage model, but am just curious to know when it was made, etc.

Thanks for any help

brokentoes said:
I have a MIJ Breezy with no serial number as well. I believe mine was from 2009.
After taking off the scratchplate I found there is a number inside: "10-28B" ...Could the 10 refer to the year it was made? (in which case it would be a similar age to yours) or maybe have some other meaning?

I'm pretty sure these were all made around the same time. There is a few of them kicking about.

I also have one of these, surf green - bought new from Germany in 2001. It came from Tokai UK. It doesn't even have made in japan stated anywhere but it's definitely japanese. The model number is AST-50. It's an excellent guitar with a great tone (one of the best sounding strats I've heard) the only modification I've made is a pickup replacement - I'm using DiMarzio virtual vintage pickups on it.

Mike

ori said:
I found there is a number inside: "10-28B" ...Could the 10 refer to the year it was made? (in which case it would be a similar age to yours) or maybe have some other meaning?

Firts two digits represent month.

Back