Tokai factory visit pics

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://ibb.co/eVHqhn

Is that your first pic ??

If you take away the IMG at the front and back at least you'd have working links.

Hi Andy, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Just looking at your shots brings back some great memories. I wonder if they ever thought about doing a working holiday where you order and build your own guitar?

brokentoes said:
Wonderful !! I love that it's still just a small family owned business.

Yeah, that as well as how small it is and how relaxed the working environment seems to be came as a nice surprise. Lovely place.

iainblack said:
Hi Andy, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Just looking at your shots brings back some great memories. I wonder if they ever thought about doing a working holiday where you order and build your own guitar?

That would be unreal, and I'd love to do it someday. I was also wondering if they might do internships, but didn't think to ask.

Great post, thanks for sharing. If I ever wind up in Tokyo (which I really would love to), I'd definitely try to find time for that factory tour.

iainblack said:
I wonder if they ever thought about doing a working holiday where you order and build your own guitar?
That's an amazing idea.

brokentoes said:
Agreed, truly fascinating and rare these days.

Love the pics thanks Andy! It is a shame I lost mines other than the ones in the reporting in the forum on 2002 September 6th http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-factory-tour.html

Factory is what you see, no more no less.Far from a big high production one.

Great rememberings and a great time I had there. I am sure I will return there someday, don't know when.....

luis said:
Love the pics thanks Andy! It is a shame I lost mines other than the ones in the reporting in the forum on 2002 September 6th http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-factory-tour.html

Factory is what you see, no more no less.Far from a big high production one.

Great rememberings and a great time I had there. I am sure I will return there someday, don't know when.....

Hi Luis! Thanks for the link - really cool report! I could tell by reading it that you got the same magical kind of vibe I got when I was there. Mr. Adachi is very kind and hospitable, and it's so great to see that our guitars came from a small, family owned workshop. It gave a whole new meaning to my Tokais. Cheers!

3rdstone said:
Great post, thanks for sharing. If I ever wind up in Tokyo (which I really would love to), I'd definitely try to find time for that factory tour.

brokentoes said:
Agreed, truly fascinating and rare these days.

Highly recommended if you have time for a day trip from Tokyo!
As for family owned businesses, they still very much exist here in Japan - seeing small craftsman shops still scattered about the place is one thing that fascinated me when I first got here. Hopefully it stays that way!

It looks like the time never started to run, and everything stayed frozen in the 1970's. It's dusty, unglamurous looking, but they can do incredible guitars in those rooms.

In a certain way, it's anti-marketing in it's best form.

Latest posts

Back