Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai ES-130 - No serial number??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boneyguy
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
boneyguy wrote:
Okay, I just looked at the online ad again and he's added pics....definintely NOT a MIJ. So, I'll save myself the trouble of looking at it I guess.

Ouch. Classic Korean-made fake.

Try to direct the seller to this thread, he may simply be unaware of the situation. If he won't listen, report the listing. The price he's asking is probably reasonable for an ES130 but for that guitar it's about 4 or 5 times too much.

EDIT: 2000 posts! Yay!

So is it one of the 'infamous' Canadian fakes made in the same Korean Tokai factory?
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These came in before the "Make in Korea" fakai's i believe but if you search for a similar headstock symbol it's pretty easy to figure out who made them. Dillion

$900 rofl. These came with the junky Bigsby as well, so he was either fed that by the last guy or is making it up. Gordon's music my arse.

Glad you came here first. So many don't and it's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.
boneyguy
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokentoes wrote:
These came in before the "Make in Korea" fakai's i believe but if you search for a similar headstock symbol it's pretty easy to figure out who made them. Dillion

$900 rofl. These came with the junky Bigsby as well, so he was either fed that by the last guy or is making it up. Gordon's music my arse.

Glad you came here first. So many don't and it's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

Thanks for all your help...much appreciated.

I'll call him and let him know what he's got....maybe he is truly ignorant about....who knows....and who knows, it may be an okay guitar but certainly isn't worth what he's asking. Thanks again!
boneyguy
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with the guy selling the guitar.....I gave him all the info about it that I had gathered and informed him of what he had.

He seemed to be genuinely surprised because what he had been told about the guitar was obviously very inaccurate. He was actually grateful that I called him and gave him the info and he is going to adjust the price in his ad accordingly. He seemed sincere to me so I'm inclined to believe him.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boneyguy wrote:

He seemed to be genuinely surprised because what he had been told about the guitar was obviously very inaccurate. He was actually grateful that I called him and gave him the info and he is going to adjust the price in his ad accordingly. He seemed sincere to me so I'm inclined to believe him.

Not everyone selling fakes is an a-hole, many of them were genuinely duped and remain in ignorance.

I can see he's revised the listing. Sadly it still contains several inaccuracies (like implying it's a real Tokai, or that the bigsby is aftermarket) and it's still way overpriced. But there's only so much you can do. I do sympathise with him, he's probably just trying to make his money back, but now that he knows better he should be making more effort to be accurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: