[HNGD] Burny RLC60. Neck Pkup cavity question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorro

Reaction score
Hi!
I registered here because I have been reading a lot here end found a lot of info about Burny guitars. And now I'm the owner of one. :D
It's a Burny RLC60 from somewhere 1983-1985 I think.
But I have a question, I took out the neck pickup and saw this, I never saw this before in any topic so I hope someone can tell me what it means:

sz7r6h.jpg
[/img]

Found this thread, seems like the exct same thing
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14197
Only the number is 15 305 where mine is 15 301

I have the same black capacitors as well. So Matsumoku made I guess.

Anybody that can explain the number?

Some Yamahas(high end included) have this kind of neck attachement.

Zorro said:
Found this thread, seems like the exct same thing
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14197
Only the number is 15 305 where mine is 15 301

I have the same black capacitors as well. So Matsumoku made I guess.

Anybody that can explain the number?

Those are Matsumoku build codes. It's not clear exactly what they indicate, but from the research I've done so far it'd seem like the first set of numbers is the body shape - this seems consistent throughout the various models I've logged. The second set could be color or some other variant distinction. Any pics of the one you've got with 15 301? I've logged a standard RLG with 15 355

Zorro said:
Hi!
I registered here because I have been reading a lot here end found a lot of info about Burny guitars. And now I'm the owner of one. :D
It's a Burny RLC60 from somewhere 1983-1985 I think.
But I have a question, I took out the neck pickup and saw this, I never saw this before in any topic so I hope someone can tell me what it means:

sz7r6h.jpg
[/img]

Any pics of the whole guitar, control route/pots etc?

Back