Greco SE600J - need advice

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a '79 Greco SE600J I'm considering to sell, but I would like some advice on what price tag I should put on it.

I switched the electronics and pickguard to a prewired DiMarzio Area - I still have the original pickguard with Excel pickups. The body has a lovely vintage white look, but the it has a lot of dings and dongs after almost 40 years of use. It's definitely not a closet classic :) The frets are worn. It's playable for sure, but it probably need a refret within a few years, and it could use an adjustment as well. The intonation is ok, but not good. Neck is straight.

Any advice will be appreciated :)

First place you want to look are prior auctions of them on eBay and Reverb. Quick glance told me that they range from $599 - $800

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen the auctions on ebay and reverb, but as far as I have noticed they are all unmodified SE600J's with mint-ish or at least good condition when looking at the lacquer.

Mine is a bit beat up, but with brand new electronics, and I have no idea how that will affect the price. I can imagine that the bad condition on the laquer and the frets would count negative on the price, but I'm not sure about the new electronics, as it is now a modified strat compared to the original.

forstuvet.ankel said:
Thanks for the reply.

I have seen the auctions on ebay and reverb, but as far as I have noticed they are all unmodified SE600J's with mint-ish or at least good condition when looking at the lacquer.

Mine is a bit beat up, but with brand new electronics, and I have no idea how that will affect the price. I can imagine that the bad condition on the laquer and the frets would count negative on the price, but I'm not sure about the new electronics, as it is now a modified strat compared to the original.

How much do you want for it? Using that, you can set a reserve, opening bid amount or just launch it with a 0 opening bid and see where it goes from there.

I,ve purchased my 77 se-600 sparkle sounds on ebay for aprox $300 shipping included from Japan to France, a couple of monthes ago

Mint condition Natural color
Original Greco hard case included

The body and pickguard had been professionaly modified for a humbucker on the bridge position

2 Excel pickups and a dimarzio super distorsion

Looks and sounds fantastic

Back