Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me identifying a (fake?) Tokai Hard Puncher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardPuncher
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Help me identifying a (fake?) Tokai Hard Puncher Reply with quote

Hello,

someone offers me a Tokai Bass for cheap.

Hereīs a link to a picture what I uploaded by myself, cause i donīt know how to upload pictures in the forum.

https://www.markt.de/bass/tokai+bass/a/f00a682b/?absIndex=4&rView=list

I only saw the picture the guy sended to me and i havenīt played this bass right now. I donīt have any serial number at the moment.

What makes me thinking is the P/J Pickup Routing. If i google for Tokai P-Basses they come stock with 1 Volume 1 Tone and 1 input jack on the top. If i google for P/J Basses from the Hardpuncher series they come stock with 3 knobs on the top and a vertical input jack.

This picture shows a P/J Bass with classic P-Bass eletronics: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 input jack on the top.

Do you think itīs a fake? That someone used the neck but a different body....

Could it be a chinese fake?

Or diy-inspired mod for slap sounds;-)
mdvineng
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vsb80m has 1v 1t 1 jack socket with 2 pickups. the picture isn't detailed enough to clarify but nothing indicates it isn't correct so far. best look through all the catalogue scans on this site to see if you can find it.

see TPB-50V in black 1v 1t 2 pickups
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai8511.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: