Hey guys have a Jazz Sound on the way serial is

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score

Is it an 81? Also has a 60 on back of neck. I've forgotten ow to post pics on here.. It's red with a tort guard. Anyone know what the wood would be? Rosewood board. I'm putting Deacci pickups in as they has Duncans in it and don't have the originals.

It arrived today. Needs a slight crank on the truss rod to bring the action down slightly but wow sounds fantastic. I have some Deacci jazz Pickups on the way for it should be amazing with them. Hipshots also sending me some new tuners these are the pre cbs reverse wound and my mind cannot deal with that. Lol Oh and it’s very light. So yes I’d assume alder it’s very resonant. Is it a 1981? Daddario NYXLs arrive today for it as well. Best strings for me.

my 1980 Jazz Sound had a two piece center seam Alder body but it was pretty heavy @ 9.5 lb. :eek:

lumber weight runs the gamut as it is a natural product

your serial number designates a 1981

Thanks for that that’s what I thought mines on the light side super resonant wood. The real deal. I’d use this bass in Chicago if I’d not passed in the lead Singing bass playing job for them. I don’t play bass live usually. Its a good one. Thanks....

Latest posts

Back