NGD and a question...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockinlespaul

Reaction score
I haven't been here in years, but I recently bought a Burny and found myself here again!

The guitar in question is a 1978 Fernandes/Burny special order FLG-75BG. It's a reissue of Jeff Beck's oxblood wraptail Les Paul and it's in excellent condition. Ever since it's arrived it's all I've been playing! I love this guitar but I do have some questions.

First...the pickups. All I know is that they are L-102's, but who made them? Anybody?

The pickups are double black bobbins with hex heads like a DiMarzio SD. They sound absolutely fantastic!!! Also, everything is factory still including the electronics. It has full size pots that are about the best pots I've ever used. Very smooth and totally usable from 0-10.

Also, does anybody know where I can find a suitable vintage style wraparound tailpiece for it? The original one is all buggered up.

Are these nitro or poly finished? It appears to be nitrocellulose lacquer to me.

The one I have is actually the one in the 1978 Fernandes catalog. It's the only one I have ever seen. There is a serial number on the back of the headstock as well as below the last fret.

I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that here.

I appreciate any help and info anyone may have.

Have you thought of going the Faber route for the tailpiece ? Not vintage but they do make them in metric. A few options out there. You want aluminium ?? I've seen your axe on MLP and its sweet to say the least. I'd love to see the routing in the pickup cavities etc..

You have to use a pic service here. Tinypic, tumblr that sort of thing.

brokentoes said:
Have you thought of going the Faber route for the tailpiece ? Not vintage but they do make them in metric. A few options out there. You want aluminium ?? I've seen your axe on MLP and its sweet to say the least. I'd love to see the routing in the pickup cavities etc..

You have to use a pic service here. Tinypic, tumblr that sort of thing.

Thanks!

I might go that route if I can't find a vintage style tailpiece. I would prefer to get aluminum if possible. The original tailpiece is a heavy one!

I posted some more pics at mlpf. Next time I have the strings off I will get pics of the pup routes. I did get a imgur account, but I still can't figure out how to post pics here.

Dear author, have you found the answer to your question? Did someone provide you with a proper response?

Back