Is this Burny dc Junior legit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yojimbo

Reaction score
I don't know if you'll be able to access the facebook link below, but there's a guy offering:
"Burny 1978 TV model LP jnr. All original in hard case. Beautiful mahogany and single P90. Great condition except for 2 marks near rear strap pin as pictured. $1200"

Obviously it's had a refinish because the headstock says it's a TV model but it's a natural finish. The tuners appear to be solid metal knobs a la grover.

What strikes me as odd is the headstock sticker which says "Les Paul TV Model" and the truss rod cover is a three hole one.
Did Burny ever name their LP juniors as "Les Paul" and did they ever have a three hole truss rod cover?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407299899593335/?multi_permalinks=1950717511918235&notif_id=1514618416838580&notif_t=commerce_interesting_product

yojimbo said:
I don't know if you'll be able to access the facebook link below, but there's a guy offering:
"Burny 1978 TV model LP jnr. All original in hard case. Beautiful mahogany and single P90. Great condition except for 2 marks near rear strap pin as pictured. $1200"

Obviously it's had a refinish because the headstock says it's a TV model but it's a natural finish. The tuners appear to be solid metal knobs a la grover.

What strikes me as odd is the headstock sticker which says "Les Paul TV Model" and the truss rod cover is a three hole one.
Did Burny ever name their LP juniors as "Les Paul" and did they ever have a three hole truss rod cover?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407299899593335/?multi_permalinks=1950717511918235&notif_id=1514618416838580&notif_t=commerce_interesting_product

Can't view the guitar. You have to be a Facebook member of that group to do so.

OK I hope this works.
(I'm still working out how to post images here. Just opened a Photobucket account for the purpose.)

Is the "Les Paul TV Model" logo authentic for a 1978 model LP Junior DC Burny?
Is the three hole truss rod cover correct?

The other photos of this guitar are badly focused. I'll try to copy them and put them up if people want.

The early DC juniors did have TV model on them, can't see your pics as you've used photobucket and the facebook group is closed

Here's a TV model logo , if it looks like this it should be genuine and unlikely a refin, 3 hole trc in those days too. $1200 seems high to me though, you'd get one much cheaper going direct to Yahoo Japan thru a proxy.

s2sdtmsdkwisujse3bvf.jpg
usz2gthxmsgf7ykclxke.jpg

Thanks LP Junior. That's exactly what the headstock looks like (except for the tuners which are more of the kidney bean shape metal tuners). When did Burny start using plastic turner knob similar to the original Gibsons?

As I said the body is a natural finish which to me would suggest a refinish of a guitar that is otherwise designated as a TV model, And I agree AUD $1200 seems way too high, even with a case. I guess the seller is counting on the appeal of the Les Paul logo.

I wasn't looking to buy this one (as I already have one very similar) - just checking on the authenticity. I'll put mine up for verification when I work out the appropriate method of posting photos.

Can't remember off hand, I'd have to look at the catalogues, they're all online.

The TV models came in a dark brown mahogany and TV yellow finish so doubt it's a refin. They did bolt on neck versions and think the tuner shots I posted were on the bolt ons.

b.jpg

Here are the pictures of the guitar in question. As you can see, the full body pics are not too clear. The finish is much lighter than the dark brown (chocolately) one shown earlier in this thread..

Burnyjunior.jpg

Bjunior.jpg

bj.jpg

Back