Reputable Tokai Dealers?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamin'D

Reaction score
Any trusted dealers selling Tokai guitars?
I understand most are in Japan but I had a bad experience buying an Edwards LP described as new off a Japanese seller on ebay. It showed up with twist in the neck and was unrepairable after being inspected by local tech. The seller did however accept the return and covered shipping but it was a headache.

Short answer is no, there are no authorized dealers who could order from Tokai Japan.

There are no actual dealers of Tokai's in Canada, they can be found here though, the amount of fake ones unfortunately far outweigh the actual real ones. Good deals can be had sometimes though when a real one pops up. The sellers of Japanese guitars on forums i've found to be the best places to get one when not found locally.

There's a real one on ebay outta sask. right now. No affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokai-LS173-VF-Guitar/173024657413?hash=item284912c005:g:gw8AAOSwiBJaLKoi

To give a perspective, if i bought that one i't would cost me $920 CDN shipped to my door.

A used Gibson standard (lower spec than that Tokai) would run $2000. I don't even wanna know what a equal spec Gibson equivalent would run.

Somebody scored a great deal. I would have bid myself but bad timing. So even with shipping that Tokai LS 173 came in at under a grand.

They do pop up in Canada from time to time. You just have to be ready and have a little luck on your side. Happy hunting.

Sorry for the late reply.
I didn't know you could deal with Tokai directly.
So will they ship internationally? I'm near Toronto, Canada.

CITES paper work is not a big deal. You pay Tokai $50 and they do it 100% for you. It takes 3 weeks to complete. Here is a copy of my CITES paperwork I received from Tokai today. The paper work was started Mar 13th and finished Apr 11th a little under 4 weeks to complete.

1zoyf44.jpg

Back