New RW Goldstar metallic red (factory refinish ? What date?)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usul

Reaction score
Hi Tokai lovers !

I just bought this great Goldstar in a pristine state ! So "new like" it made me wonder how it could be...

A gorgeous looking rosewood Goldstar in metallic Red, with U pickups (I have Es in my ST 80 so it's good for me).

There still is the sticker on the neck !!

Weihgt : 3,5kg

About the date you may help me as I have no idea (but there are Final prospec saddles, U pickups, brass shield behind controls). SN : L11982 (but nothing to get from that I guess...)

The color code in the cavity are modified by pencil from BB to MR. The black paint shows in the cavity and neck pocket (but the refinish respect the factory patterns).

Is that a factory refinish ?

The neck codes are half modified by pencil to match the body. Weird.

Full album here : https://imgur.com/a/eW4Oe

ftPVPjG.jpg

sIrV1Et.jpg

fLnWrZ7.jpg

Here you can see no difference in shades under or outside the pickguard, but nothing seems exposed to the sun for years on this one !!

ab9RJ97.jpg

sB91iGa.jpg

HCCtgZP.jpg

Hi ! ; )

I'll look at it closely when it arrives next week, but I may indeed see some on the pictures...

Great looking Goldstar, surely it's been re-sprayed? Who ever did it, made a good job of it, but you can still see where it was originally BB.
My guess 1984.

jonah65 said:
Great looking Goldstar, surely it's been re-sprayed? Who ever did it, made a good job of it, but you can still see where it was originally BB.
My guess 1984.

My guess too.

About the finish, I'm betting some kind of factory refinish because :
-the pattern of the black and red are the same in the neck pocket and usual (ie a small clean rectangle in the middle)
-the codes were preserved during the refinish and someone took care to "modify" it
-the cavities have the kind of "white dust" inside and a general factory aspect
-the absence of decoloration under the PG is not contradictory with that theory as the general look is so clean and preserved.

Thank you !

It arrived in good shape !! In great condition indeed.

It's cleaning and setup time !!

Z9izhISh.jpg

tOOJ2JDh.jpg

Back