Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1981 Tokai Silver Star Authenticity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thickfingerskin
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: 1981 Tokai Silver Star Authenticity Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I'm about to purchase a 1981 Tokai Silver Star. It seems original to me, but I would like to have your confirmations, as some of you are "in the business" for quite a long time.

Specs: 3-tone sunburst ash body, black pickups and pick guard, rosewood fingerboard, big headstock with black Tokai logo and serial number: 1013474 (I checked Tokai Registry but couldn't find it). The owner says it has original pickups. Which is not original (I guess): Schaller machine heads, two push-pull knobs.

Here are some pics. I would ask for more pictures about the neck joint and the pickups if it facilitates the identification, but first I'll try to haggle.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4gq4xh9zmtx8xfg/AAD8YUU2gaEnNev7aU8lu3Dqa?dl=0

(By the way, that extra pickup is for sale separately from the guitar.)
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks genuine to me.
thickfingerskin
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: