1980 Springy ST60 on craigslist

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loudmouse

Reaction score
I know nothing about this, just passing it along in case it's a good one. Price is down to $695 which is probably fair. I'd buy it but I'm only sure the neck and pickups are Tokai without pulling the pick guard. if it's one piece body, wouldn't it be stamped an ST80??? IDK, Plus I've already got a matching 1985 MIJ Fender that's a keeper.

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/d/price-drop-1980-vintage-tokai/6298843107.html

Here's the text from the listing. I've yet to set up a new host for pictures.
It's maple neck with skunk and a sunburst body.

If you're looking at this ad you know what this is, a 1980 Tokai Springy Sound Stratocaster ST60 highly regarded and considered by many to be some of the best Stratocaster's made! This one is in immaculate condition 9.5 out of 10 and weighs in at 7 3/4 pounds, just a few small marks on the back of the body just into the finish is not the wood that are hardly noticeable 100% original One piece Alder body, one Maple piece neck, Tokai Silver bottom pickups, high quality electronics and wiring full size pots, Beautifully aged hardware, knobs and pickup covers. complete recent set up by Michael Smith at Axe Slingers includes fret level and polish with still lots of fret life, intonation, Truss rod adjustment, string height adjustment, cleaning of electronics. this guitar is in truly amazing condition for 37 years old! Also has a C profile neck which is rare as most late 70 and early 80 Tokai Stratocaster's had soft V neck profiles sounds awesome and plays like butter.!! Includes hardshell case Oh and by the way the small camera glare reflection off the scale in the picture is just camera glare not a nick on the body

Latest posts

Back