• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SORTED: Vintage MIJ LP Goldtop with P90s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orys

Reaction score
As in title i am looking for a vintage one with P90s.
Some examples are Greco EG800GS, Greco EG56-60, Tokai LS70GT, Bacchus BLS120, Ornetts GM5S, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Tio

villager said:
http://s765.photobucket.com/user/generalunrest2/library/Orville%20By%20Gibson/ObG%2056%20LP%20GT%20All%20Gold%201991?sort=3&page=1

Love it!!! That's actually a 53/54 model with the wrap tailpiece. I'm currently playing my Tokai version of it and can't put it down. Just put some Lollar 50's wind P90's in it and they are stellar.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack - love that guitar of yours.

Too expensive for me.
Looking for something in the range of 800-1000 euro max.

You won't find any of the mentioned guitars for that kind of money I'm afraid.

Maybe a recent MIJ Tokai LS75 but I don't think those will be (much) better than a 2011-2011 Gibson LP '60s tribute. The tributes are pretty nice actually if you get 'vintage correct' hardware and 500k volume pots... I have a modded '60s tribute SG that I really like.

I'm pretty sure I can find as I have a couple of MIJs myself. There were 2-3 on reverb that sold in that price range. I have 2 high end Navigators that I use and three Tokais 1980 but never had an LP with P90s. I would prefer a vintage one though. And I'm not willing to spend 2000 euro on one.

Greco EG800GS, Greco EG56-60, Tokai LS70GT they seem to go around that price. It also depends on whom you're buying from. If directly from Yahoo Japan then for sure my budget is ok. Not for an ObG though. I know it ended around Y120.000 and then you have shipping, taxes, and profit.
I am not a collector neither a shop. I just don't want to buy a new guitar. I prefer it to be vintage, or maybe just used.

I think not my friend.
Just waiting for a good one to appear and if i am really interested i'll throw some more cash in the deal.

Thanks for the help anyway. I know you are a good guy!

Back