Tokai Ls80 1978 with funny thing on neck

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I was trying to say... Location when buying guitars is very key. In Australia Japanese replicas are popular compare to the US as a new LP standard here is approaching 5000 AUD

a standard ? or a historic?

standards are around 2600 aud in europe but historics are silly money

http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/prod/LPS17HSCH1/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-T-Electric-Guitar-(Heritage-Cherry-Sunburst).aspx

Maybe a bit less, but still huge money when i got my LS 200 for 4500 2 years ago thats a far better guitar. Here used historics are around 6000 used and 10-12000 new

guitar hiro said:
well, as stated previously, if Tokai Gakki was under the impression that a two piece neck was actually the way to go then we would have seen that on LS models for the past ~40 years, but that was not the case

don't know how Springy's, Greco LP's, Norlin Gibsons, or Super Real have anything to do with the concept of Tokai LS examples having a two piece, or a 1 piece neck

Tokai probably was under the impression that 2 piece is better, because strictly from an engineering point it is better, stronger and more stable is generally considered to be better than less strong and less stable.

It is also the reason Gibson did it under Norlin, the reason Greco Fujigen Matsuomoku and so many others did and still do it, the reason every industry building from wood does it to this day.

And your post is the reason it stopped - you cannot explain wood and engineering to most musicians because they either do not care or they do not understand or they think that wood performs differently in an instrument... try to understand the reason Gibson 1 pc Mahogany headstocks snap, and their 3 pc Maple headstocks do not is engineering - the reason Gibson headstocks keep snapping off to this day is... wait for it... musicians.

I can only assume why Tokai Gakki went the route of a 1 piece neck; possibly they were attempting to make the neck (visually) vintage correct?

I do like the visual of the one piece neck as it does 'look' vintage correct compared to a 2 piece neck.

on another subject; I have often wondered why Tokai Gakki never utilized a long tenon for the (vintage) LS models :-? a typically unseen attribute

Back