Is this Burny what it claims to be?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorMan

Reaction score
I realize it's a little pricey, but if I can be sure it's a great guitar, I'll pay more for piece of mind...

http://www.jvguitars.com/showproduct.pl?id=1031713261

I'm trigger shy because there seems to be a lot of grey area surrounding these guitars.

Good to know. Most models (I've seen) with that trussrod cover and headstock inlay claim to be 80's - 90's models so I thought something was up.

This seller is a jerk. He buys on ebay at a fraction of what he tries to sell the guitars for. He's in it for the money. That price is way too high plus I'd never buy anything from him. I've seen him buy a love rock and an old Greco on ebay and sell them for $500-600 more than he's paid. I calle dhim on it and he never returned my email.

PoorMan said:
Good to know. Most models (I've seen) with that trussrod cover and headstock inlay claim to be 80's - 90's models so I thought something was up.
You're right! :wink:

Interesting...I spoke with him over the phone and sent him an email regarding the guitar. No response to the email. No matter, I bought a Burny on eBay. I hope it's a good one. Sounds like maybe I should have gone Greco or OBG...cross you fingers for me.

FYI: He never bothered to reply to my email. I think he knew he was going to have problems because I asked a lot of questions.

Latest posts

Back