Burny LC-75 JS which year?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidkopplung

Reaction score
I have bought a black Burny 'LPC' John Sykes Model with Number T 2910 or 7 2910 located in the Bridge Cave.It has the 'Flash' or 'Lightning' Logo (not the Split Diamond Logo).Seller sold this to me as a 80s Model,but i dont think thats true.
Which year is it by chance?
Thanks
z-Burny-LPC-IMG_4104aa.jpg

z-Burny-LPC-IMG_4106aa.jpg

z-Burny-LPC-IMG_4103aa.jpg

z-Burny-LPC-IMG_4089aa.jpg

z-burny-LPC-IMG_4075aa~0.jpg

z-Burny-LPC-IMG_4086aa.jpg

Lightning bolt inlay and winged truss rod cover are both 1990 and later, pot codes might help if it's a very earlly 90's, post a close up of the pots and let's have a look.

Also, don't the Sykes have uncovered pups and "Sykes" on the TRC?

The Pickups are not original.
Other solder points and Pots look original,these are Noble 15A 500 KOhm marked on the sides.No date codes on the back.
The Brass nut is original and the hardware chrome - so a John Syke Model?
Its lightweight,just 3,7 kg.

Well no date codes on original pots pretty much seals it, for sure not 80's but the early 90's Burny's are very nice guitars and light weight is a bonus.

I have an '84 Sykes that has the Sykes TRC but I think you're right about later ones having a plain TRC and right that nickel hardware is Sykes model.

heidkopplung said:
I have bought a black Burny 'LPC' John Sykes Model with Number T 2910 or 7 2910 located in the Bridge Cave.It has the 'Flash' or 'Lightning' Logo (not the Split Diamond Logo).Seller sold this to me as a 80s Model,but i dont think thats true.
Which year is it by chance?
Thanks

Most likely October 29th 1997.

What's the two character code to the right of the Noble 15A5000ohm text?

What's the two character code to the right of the Noble 15A5000ohm text?[/quote]

There is no additional code. :cry:

heidkopplung said:
What's the two character code to the right of the Noble 15A5000ohm text?

There is no additional code. :cry:[/quote]

you get additional code?

Latest posts

Back