Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me identify this Tokai LP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jokilaiva
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Help me identify this Tokai LP Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I got offered this (supposedly) MIJ Tokai Les Paul but before I pull the trigger and buy it I would love to know which model it actually is and what is the reasonable price to pay for it.

The seller really didn't have any information about this. I suppose based on serial number (you can see it in the attached photo) this is made in 2006 but any additional information (especially accurate model and going price) would be greatly appreciated

If i'm correct the top has 4-5 pieces and back 3. Anu idea what model this could be and if it's a China or Japan made?

Photos can be found here:
http://imgur.com/a/j02S9
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell, it's MIJ.
Jokilaiva
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixcatus wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell, it's MIJ.

Thank you! Any idea about the possible model number? I've been offered it for 800/850$ but I've no real info about what the reasonable price for it would be. Seems a bit steep if this is a lower end MIJ model.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're correct about the top and back pieces, my best guess would be LS80.

I find 800 for a 2006 LS80 and in the condition showing in the photos, on the high side.

PS IIRC I sold my 2010 LS80 with Lifton replica case (165 new), both in pristine/as new condition for 750 total.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: