• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Tokai TE80 1982

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumi71

Reaction score
2 piece center seamed body, new frets (medium jumbo) a few years ago, almost zero wear, S1 4 way switch, Seymour Duncan Antiquities. Apart from that original condition.
Good condition for the age. beautiful figured maple neck.
Nothing more to say- great guitar!
More pics availiable

1200 Euro + shipping

I know, that it is.
Nitro finish, fat soft v neck, 3 brass saddle bridge
Logo and string tree placement
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20184&sid=91375fc9c81eb590a6226b990d59c5b2

Seems like the bridge is not quite fitting, the Heavy E is running towards the outer edge of the fretboard higher up.
Maybe it just looks that way in the photo and perspective fools me..

Nice guitar! Great condition.

I think it just needs the neck screws loosening a bit and the neck pushing down the way to align everything up.

Thanks Frederik!
Yes, great guitar. And I had a hard time decidinf if to sell or keep, but the neck is to big for me.

All my 80ies TE80, I sold so far, not just a few, had one pcs. body ash.
All 80ies vintage Tokai catalogues indicates TE80 with one pcs. body ash

All 80ies TE80 I sold so far, not just a few, featured a one pcs. ash body
All 80ies Vintage catalogues indicates a TE80 with one pcs. ash body

Sorry guys, it is a for sale thread, not a discussion about the model..
It is a TE80 for sure!
Nitro finish with no doubt, soft V neck.

well I think we are allowed to question the model when it has a 2 piece body and that seems to be different to the specs for an 80?

it may well be an 80 but it seems normal to question it, when in my experience they are usually 1 piece ...... i may well be wrong, but the point needs to be established.. there is no stamp, no sticker and no real evidence that its an 80... does it havethe TEA pups ? that would help to confirm it.... for me an 80 is a 1 piece body, TEA stickered pups brass plate and hopefully something indicating 80 either a stamp or a sticker somewhere, without any of those its up for questioning...

The bridge and saddles aren't original, are they? I thought 80s had the brass plate with 6 individual saddles.

wulfman said:
The bridge and saddles aren't original, are they? I thought 80s had the brass plate with 6 individual saddles.

If you look in the 1982 Tokai Catalogue on these very pages you can see that they had steel bridges w three brass 3 saddles and not 6. And as I'm the previous owner I know it has 'final prospec' stamped on the bridge and correct markings in the pickup cavities etc.

...and again: This is an awesome tele and I honestly can't see how you can get something better without spending a fortune

frederikb said:
wulfman said:

If you look in the 1982 Tokai Catalogue on these very pages you can see that they had steel bridges w three brass 3 saddles and not 6. And as I'm the previous owner I know it has 'final prospec' stamped on the bridge and correct markings in the pickup cavities etc.

...and again: This is an awesome tele and I honestly can't see how you can get something better without spending a fortune

Thanks, I didn't know they switched the bridges to the three saddle one. Nice tele for sure!

Latest posts

Back