Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Love Rock Custom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dombat
Guitar God


Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 301
Location: France

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokentoes wrote:
I love the case. Blue tweed with red plush ?? It is a Made in China 2015 model something. Enjoy !!

See it there : https://reverb.com/item/3696834-mec-tweed-blue-guitar-case-for-les-paul-jr-and-sg-style-guitars-ships-free-75-with-guitar-purchase
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dombat
Guitar God


Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 301
Location: France

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Canadian dealer, he sales Tokai guitars with 2 screws TRC, chinese serial numbers and prices but these are fakes. Never seen a lefty DC junior, or sea foam color one!
The headstock general shape is weird too

https://reverb.com/fr/shop/music-express-canada?product_type=electric-guitars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dombat wrote:
Look at the Canadian dealer, he sales Tokai guitars with 2 screws TRC, chinese serial numbers and prices but these are fakes. Never seen a lefty DC junior, or sea foam color one!
The headstock general shape is weird too

https://reverb.com/fr/shop/music-express-canada?product_type=electric-guitars


TOGPS called it in my other thread.
It is indeed a fake. Tokai Japan conformed it.
I hope people who come here through Google, just like I did, see this thread.
Now, have to go start the process of undoing this horror.

Thanks for all of your help!!!
Ill be back when I have a real one.




FAKE CANADA MEC TOKAI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brokentoes
Guitar God


Joined: 01 Jul 2008
Posts: 1258
Location: Bronte by the Sea, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad Lemmy, i'd be callin' all kinds of B.S. to whoever will listen. If you bought it through reverb please let them know about this piece of shi toliet seat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokentoes wrote:
That's too bad Lemmy, i'd be callin' all kinds of B.S. to whoever will listen. If you bought it through reverb please let them know about this piece of shi toliet seat.


Yeah, angry for sure. I'm going to wait till I'm paid back,
then retaliate like a scorned ex girlfriend, lol. Big mistake
f***ing with bitter old guy who's angry at the world to
begin with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zbillster2
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Lemmy. I bought a Tokai Black Beauty from the exact same ad on Reverb. Got it today and it has playing issues also.

I also have a 2013 MIC Tokai wine red LP Custom I bought in 2014 from Gary's Guitars West (the same model/shipment featured on Nick in the State's YouTube channel) to compare it with.

The wine red one is a really nice player with low action and decent fret board and sounds nice electronically, as good as my other guitars, but some funkiness shared with the black one from Music Express Canada (hard-to-turn tuners, sloppy binding, amateur soldering work, gaps in the nut mounting). The red one has crooked dots on the neck side binding; the black one is better in that regard but has some strange red spots in the neck binding. Black one's peghead is larger with two-screw trussrod vs. red one's three screw.

I can't get the black's action down as low as the red one's ... I get buzzing on the low e-string from the second fret. The curve of the body around the pickup switch also has a slight flat spot. Mismatched screws on the output jack plate. And the access panels on the back are the worst I've ever seen.

I spent time in Tokyo in 2014 and visited the guitar shops there, looking at new and used LP Custom copies. What I have with these Tokais is consistent with some of the lower end models I saw there. The higher end models in the $1000+ range were very nice, but with baseball bat necks ... not my cup of tea ... and the used high-end ones from the 80s and 90s were pretty worn.

I also contacted Tokai Japan with the serial number and photos of Music Express' product. I already have a case for this not being the guitar pictured in the ad (and the ad copy reading as if it is actual phone pics of the guitar for sale). I contacted the seller about the stains in the binding but no reply so far (they were very, very quick to respond before I purchased it). Next step is using Reverb's claim process, which sounds buyer friendly.

I also have a Korean Love Rock and several other Far East guitars of impressive quality (DeArmond, Greg Bennett, Ibanez Artist). Silly me wanted a Black Beauty sooooo bad ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbillster2 wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Lemmy. I bought a Tokai Black Beauty from the exact same ad on Reverb. Got it today and it has playing issues also.

I also have a 2013 MIC Tokai wine red LP Custom I bought in 2014 from Gary's Guitars West (the same model/shipment featured on Nick in the State's YouTube channel) to compare it with.

The wine red one is a really nice player with low action and decent fret board and sounds nice electronically, as good as my other guitars, but some funkiness shared with the black one from Music Express Canada (hard-to-turn tuners, sloppy binding, amateur soldering work, gaps in the nut mounting). The red one has crooked dots on the neck side binding; the black one is better in that regard but has some strange red spots in the neck binding. Black one's peghead is larger with two-screw trussrod vs. red one's three screw.

I can't get the black's action down as low as the red one's ... I get buzzing on the low e-string from the second fret. The curve of the body around the pickup switch also has a slight flat spot. Mismatched screws on the output jack plate. And the access panels on the back are the worst I've ever seen.

I spent time in Tokyo in 2014 and visited the guitar shops there, looking at new and used LP Custom copies. What I have with these Tokais is consistent with some of the lower end models I saw there. The higher end models in the $1000+ range were very nice, but with baseball bat necks ... not my cup of tea ... and the used high-end ones from the 80s and 90s were pretty worn.

I also contacted Tokai Japan with the serial number and photos of Music Express' product. I already have a case for this not being the guitar pictured in the ad (and the ad copy reading as if it is actual phone pics of the guitar for sale). I contacted the seller about the stains in the binding but no reply so far (they were very, very quick to respond before I purchased it). Next step is using Reverb's claim process, which sounds buyer friendly.

I also have a Korean Love Rock and several other Far East guitars of impressive quality (DeArmond, Greg Bennett, Ibanez Artist). Silly me wanted a Black Beauty sooooo bad ...


I PMd you!
fake fake fake fake fake fake
Im angry Reverb lets this guy keep selling. I will never use Reverb again.
They know this guy is a scammer and they let him keep selling!
Check your PM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemmy loud wrote:
zbillster2 wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Lemmy. I bought a Tokai Black Beauty from the exact same ad on Reverb. Got it today and it has playing issues also.

I also have a 2013 MIC Tokai wine red LP Custom I bought in 2014 from Gary's Guitars West (the same model/shipment featured on Nick in the State's YouTube channel) to compare it with.

The wine red one is a really nice player with low action and decent fret board and sounds nice electronically, as good as my other guitars, but some funkiness shared with the black one from Music Express Canada (hard-to-turn tuners, sloppy binding, amateur soldering work, gaps in the nut mounting). The red one has crooked dots on the neck side binding; the black one is better in that regard but has some strange red spots in the neck binding. Black one's peghead is larger with two-screw trussrod vs. red one's three screw.

I can't get the black's action down as low as the red one's ... I get buzzing on the low e-string from the second fret. The curve of the body around the pickup switch also has a slight flat spot. Mismatched screws on the output jack plate. And the access panels on the back are the worst I've ever seen.

I spent time in Tokyo in 2014 and visited the guitar shops there, looking at new and used LP Custom copies. What I have with these Tokais is consistent with some of the lower end models I saw there. The higher end models in the $1000+ range were very nice, but with baseball bat necks ... not my cup of tea ... and the used high-end ones from the 80s and 90s were pretty worn.

I also contacted Tokai Japan with the serial number and photos of Music Express' product. I already have a case for this not being the guitar pictured in the ad (and the ad copy reading as if it is actual phone pics of the guitar for sale). I contacted the seller about the stains in the binding but no reply so far (they were very, very quick to respond before I purchased it). Next step is using Reverb's claim process, which sounds buyer friendly.

I also have a Korean Love Rock and several other Far East guitars of impressive quality (DeArmond, Greg Bennett, Ibanez Artist). Silly me wanted a Black Beauty sooooo bad ...


I PMd you!
fake fake fake fake fake fake
Im angry Reverb lets this guy keep selling. I will never use Reverb again.
They know this guy is a scammer and they let him keep selling!
Check your PM


I couldnt find the Tokai I wanted, so I went to ebay and got an Edwards Custom 130
straight from Japan, A gorgeous guitar. Im very happy with. The universe does stuff
for a reason, you dont know why at the time, but thats what I had to go through to
get the guitar I really love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zbillster2
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I was going to get an Edwards or FGN black LP Custom off ebay too from Japan ... then I did some searching for Tokai and that's when the Music Express Canada nightmare started.

Looking at the "guitar" this morning, seeing more oddities. There's a ghost of the previous serial number on the corner of the headstock. Raw wood routing inside the control cavities.

I put photos of this thing in Flickr. The red one I got in 2014 from Gary at Guitars West:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskSpgUZp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zbillster2 wrote:
Originally I was going to get an Edwards or FGN black LP Custom off ebay too from Japan ... then I did some searching for Tokai and that's when the Music Express Canada nightmare started.

Looking at the "guitar" this morning, seeing more oddities. There's a ghost of the previous serial number on the corner of the headstock. Raw wood routing inside the control cavities.

I put photos of this thing in Flickr. The red one I got in 2014 from Gary at Guitars West:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskSpgUZp


Yeah Billster, I looked at the pics . . .
You got it too. You can see the inlay and "Tokai" are wrong a mile away.
They fake tokais and Epis because who is going to question a chinese guitar?
So this guy, gets a 100.00 guitar that he is already having made for his other
line, and puts a Tokai logo on it then sells it for 500.00. He is making a huge
profit, and again, "who is going to fake a Tokai" is what he hopes will make ppl
not suspect it.
Look at the little diamonds in the Fleur d Lea on your real one, and compare
it to the Fakai. Mine was almost the same serial number, except mine ended in
"3". Tokai told me the way the serial number is placed on the guitar is not done
at any of their factories. I get angry jusr seeing this, even if it isnt me. Its just
wrong. Reverb are twats for letting it go on. They know this guy is a scammer.
Shame on them. Good luck, Lemme know how you make out. I sent you a PM
and have a list of names you can threaten him with if you want it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
togps
Guitar God


Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 2049
Location: Bavaria, Germany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you report these faults to Reverb, folks?

Quote:
I sent you a PM
and have a list of names you can threaten him with if you want it.


Please send me also that name list. Thank you.
_________________
www.tokaiguitar.de
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lemmy loud
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

togps wrote:
Did you report these faults to Reverb, folks?

Quote:
I sent you a PM
and have a list of names you can threaten him with if you want it.


Please send me also that name list. Thank you.


Yes, Reverb is fully aware of it.
they still continue to let the guy sell. I will never use them again because of this.
I sent them the emails from Tokai explaining mine was a total fraud and there is
no such thing as a Tokai dealer in North America. Sent photos and everything
else . . . They gave me my money back, but he is still peddling this cheap sht.
To me. Reverb is as guilty of fraud as the seller is.


For google people:
MUSIC EXPRESS CANADA FAKE TOKAI KOLLATUS FAKE LOVE ROCK FAKE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
togps
Guitar God


Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 2049
Location: Bavaria, Germany

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also contact REVERB
_________________
www.tokaiguitar.de
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zbillster2
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled out the complaint form on Reverb a couple of days ago, stating the seller is using deceptive advertising, claiming the photos in the listing is the actual guitar, when it is not. Haven't heard a thing. Still haven't heard back from Tokai. I just shipped the "thing" back to Music Express Canada for a full refund, including shipping, and will insist he pay return shipping as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zbillster2
I only know 3 chords


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got an email from Reverb support ... I sent them all the details I have and they will work to get a full refund including shipping costs. Fingers crossed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group