• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Tokai ST body, Preferably Sen - Ash wood

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patchel

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a Tokai ST body, ans 80s TST or AST would be awesome, anything made of Sen is really good too. Vintage White would be a slam dunk, but any color is OK. For mounting holes are better than three. I think the E series Fender Squires are correct, but I'm not 100 % sure. Really looking for the Tokai ink stamp kind of body, I know they made some bodies for others, but a genuine Tokai would be what I really want.

So I went on RINKYA and bought not onebut two ST guitars. Both Oly White. One rosewood, one maple. So... It turns out the Rosewood has the older "T" and the maple has the newer "T". I was going to "steal" a body for my TST-56 that I gave away the body a long time ago. Turns out, the pickguards for the ST guitars are really close to the USA versions, and it makes sense, the headstocks are not modified. So even though body the stampings are very close to my neck ( the one is an 8=4, both my TST-56 guitars are 4=7 ) , the screw holes do not match up with my the TST-56 pickguard.
I'm sending the whole mess to a guy who does expert restorations and letting him decide. I wanted Sen Ash, but looking at the TST catalogs, 83 were ash (sen ) and 84s were alder.
So, I'm still at a loss.

decisions decisions, one of these has to be good enough???

Ruwqxth.jpg

Latest posts

Back