Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB Tokai ST body, Preferably Sen - Ash wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patchel
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: WTB Tokai ST body, Preferably Sen - Ash wood Reply with quote

Hi I'm looking for a Tokai ST body, ans 80s TST or AST would be awesome, anything made of Sen is really good too. Vintage White would be a slam dunk, but any color is OK. For mounting holes are better than three. I think the E series Fender Squires are correct, but I'm not 100 % sure. Really looking for the Tokai ink stamp kind of body, I know they made some bodies for others, but a genuine Tokai would be what I really want.
aaarongleb
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something like that https://claz.org/classifieds?q=tokai+tst ?
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakai
patchel
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Tougher than I thought.... Reply with quote

So I went on RINKYA and bought not onebut two ST guitars. Both Oly White. One rosewood, one maple. So... It turns out the Rosewood has the older "T" and the maple has the newer "T". I was going to "steal" a body for my TST-56 that I gave away the body a long time ago. Turns out, the pickguards for the ST guitars are really close to the USA versions, and it makes sense, the headstocks are not modified. So even though body the stampings are very close to my neck ( the one is an 8=4, both my TST-56 guitars are 4=7 ) , the screw holes do not match up with my the TST-56 pickguard.
I'm sending the whole mess to a guy who does expert restorations and letting him decide. I wanted Sen Ash, but looking at the TST catalogs, 83 were ash (sen ) and 84s were alder.
So, I'm still at a loss.

decisions decisions, one of these has to be good enough???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: