Tokai ID

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geordie01

Reaction score
Hi guys recently got an 03 Love Rock that I am sure is Japan made as the serial no starts with 03. But trying to find the model no The writing on the neck in the front pu cavity appears to say 4-20 CS and it is the same in the rear cavity. Looks like the pots have been swapped and the trc has been replaced with a bell one but only 2 holes underneath it and the pups have no id on them. Bridge and tail piece say Gotoh Japan underneath.
Any one here got an opinion on what it could be?.Ihave some photo's butdo not know how to post them here.
Thanks
Geordie

Found how to do it

Looking at the 2000 catalogue, this would be an LS70F. Clearly MIJ but the unbound fret ends, medium tenon, poly finish (you can tell by the flaking where it's been damaged) and non-US electronics mean it's not a premium model.

The TRC has been replaced but the pots are stock.

Nice flame on the top, really nice slab of rosewood for the fretboard, and the traditional open book headstock. Very cool. 8)

Paladin2019 said:
Looking at the 2000 catalogue, this would be an LS70F. Clearly MIJ but the unbound fret ends, medium tenon, poly finish (you can tell by the flaking where it's been damaged) and non-US electronics mean it's not a premium model.

The TRC has been replaced but the pots are stock.

Nice flame on the top, really nice slab of rosewood for the fretboard, and the traditional open book headstock. Very cool. 8)

Hi thanks for the info I thought the pots had been swapped as they are stamped made in Korea 2013. I was thinking of swapping them for a set of CTS or Gotoh but it sounds awesome as it is

Latest posts

Back