Where is the best place to get a Tokai guitar in Canada?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunizzi

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a big fan of Tokai guitars and already own 2 of them which I love. I got lucky and bought both of them locally on the used market and got pretty good deal on both of them.

Unfortunately besides E-bay finding a Tokai for a decent price is getting harder every year. The exchange rate from the US is not getting any cheaper as well.

Does anyone know of a dealer or distributer located in Canada?

i really would like to know.

Thanks

There's a guy in Pennsylvania that can get Breezies and Goldstars at very reasonable prices. I got a brand new Breezy for 750.00 delivered to my front door. He can't import and LP copies.

https://drowninginguitars.com/store/new-tokai-guitars/

tokai-ast80-lpbr-2.jpg

tokai-ast80-bm-2.jpg

I did a search on them and nothing came up about them dealing in fakes, or anything at all, actually. Do you have any info or can point to a thread, specifically? The only other articles about Canadian fakes I can find say the fakes are top quality ones spec'd by the dealer.
The reason I ask is that the the headstock doesn't have the dimple Traditionals are supposed to have, and some other minor things that are not mentioned in the catalogue.

https://reverb.com/item/1314946-tokai-love-rock-custom-black-electric-guitar-new-with-hard-case

Here is the listing. I know I'm getting a Chibson, and Ok with that.
I had a real one in the 70s, so it's a nostalgia purchase because I
won't do 4500.00 for a guitar. I think the listing had incorrect info.
But the Traditionals I saw in a Chinese Tokai dealer catalogue have
a dimpled headstock. The Vintage models don't. The listing says
mahogany neck with no headstock joint either. I'm a little skeptical.
We'll see . . .
If Chinese Tokais are not considered real Tokais, Sorry to waste your time.

I wouldn't call that a chibson, because nowhere does it say "Gibson" on it at all. Made in China Tokai's are still Tokai's as far as i know. Your listing seems to indicate by the serial number and 3 screw truss rod cover a 2008 Made in China Tokai custom style guitar. Which model it is i'm afraid i can't say because i don't have any experience with the non-Japanese Tokai's. Hope your guitar turns out to be a sweet one !!

2008 chinese LS do not have mahogany body and neck, but basswood body and maple neck

This one should be an ALC 50

Thanks you guys. I know Les Paul copies, especially Asian, don't
get a lot of respect, but I don't care about that stuff, I hope its
an OK guitar. I'm pretty much happy playing anything. I'll post
a review when I get it, which should be tomorrow or Friday.

lemmy loud sent you a PM ... I just got a black Tokai LP Custom from the exact same listing in Reverb.

I contacted Tokai in Japan to confirm my serial number, etc., to see if it's authentic. If not, I'll file a claim through Reverb for a fraudulent sale.

zbillster2 said:
I contacted Tokai in Japan to confirm my serial number, etc., to see if it's authentic. If not, I'll file a claim through Reverb for a fraudulent sale.

And the answer is ... FAKE! Got all my money back, including return shipping. DO NOT BUY FROM MUSIC EXPRESS CANADA!
Letter from Tokai Gakki after sending them photos:

Dear Mr.Bill,

Sorry for my late reply.

We discern the guitar is counterfeit.

I do not want them(the shops/ and its Chinese Supplier) any hint to recognize the authenticity/counterfeit,

So I cannot give you the points to discern the counterfeit.

Besides, we are not allowed to export our set-neck models to North America.

I do not recommend that you buy Tokai set-neck models in your area.

I hope the info helps you.

Best Regards
--------------------------------------
Kosuke Ban

Tokai Gakki Co. Ltd.
2-26-10 Enshuhama, Minami-ku,
Hamamatsu,Japan 430-0835

cashcow said:
There's a guy in Pennsylvania that can get Breezies and Goldstars at very reasonable prices. I got a brand new Breezy for 750.00 delivered to my front door. He can't import and LP copies.

https://drowninginguitars.com/store/new-tokai-guitars/

crédit
tokai-ast80-lpbr-2.jpg

tokai-ast80-bm-2.jpg
Hello, woow You are lucky :)

Latest posts

Back