Love Rock MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvdP

Reaction score
Dear everyone,

Last Sunday I bought a (hopefully real!!) MIJ Love Rock and ow my god; it's superb! Hands down the best Les Paul I've owned and played. Last year I've really tried to learn more about Tokai and played different Chinese, Korean and Japanese models. And for now every Japanese Tokai I've played had the "wow" factor.

As for my own Love Rock I got curious about what exact model it could be. The previous owner sold it as a LS100, but there's where your expertise comes to play. Can you guys help me out?

For what I can see:

-One piece back,
-No model number in the pickup cavity's (It does seem to look like a sticker is missing),
-No CTS potentiometers ("made in Japan" written on the pots),
-Unsure if it's a switchcraft pickup switcher (I can't see it unless I take it out),
-Looks like a full maple cap, no veneer (the photo isn't really clear)

Well, I guess that's all I know. Here's some pictures (click for bigger). Hopefully you guys can help me out!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Are you 100% sure it's a one piece back ?? Last time i knew that denoted a higher model than just a LS-100.

Well, Tokai is famous for matching its pieces. Have you looked at the rim of the guitar, like where the back strap pin is located ?? Thats the only way i know by the naked eye to get a really good look to see if there are any seams if they are not obvious. Since its a newer model perhaps you got a one off ? At the end of the day it looks like a very nice guitar that you are more than pleased with, so just enjoy in good health !!

LS100F Lemon Drop.

Currently a 2016/17 LS125F.

Here's one of mine.

Lemon%20Drop_zpsplzjiqhm.jpg

Thanks you both for your replies!!

@Brokentoes: I really can't seem to find a seam. Not even where you told me to look. And yes, it's a very well playing and sounding guitar and i'm totally in love with it :) And that's the most important part indeed!

@Diamond: Yes, it's indeed sold to me as a LS100 lemon drop. So, that seems allright. Your guitar is a beauty as well! How does it work out for you? You're happy with it? Now i'm curious: is yours a one or two piece back? And are the rest of the specs equal to mine?

Thanks again both!

Latest posts

Back