Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

77 SPARKLE SOUNDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dombat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: 77 SPARKLE SOUNDS Reply with quote

I've pulled the trigger today on this girl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172456261461

It seems to be a se-600 and to have a one piece body by looking at the back of the body photo

Accounting for the half erased Greco waterslide (how may anybody needs to erase the Greco logo and leave the "sparkle sound" text?) and the humbucker fitted bridge pickup (and body routed for it), troubles I can easily fix , at $202 plus shipping it seems a steal for me, no?

This "sparkle sounds" model lacks information! The "super sounds" one seems much more documented on the web. What are the differences between these two models?

Last edited by dombat on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice deal there. I have an au natural '78 SE500 Supersounds that is a great axe. I didn't know they made them with a humbucker at the bridge. Anyway you can't go wrong at that price me thinks !! Congrats !!
dombat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The humbucker at bridge is not stock, it's a change by a previous owner
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a great deal. Hopefully they didn't mess up the routing too badly when they fitted the humbucker. Hope you post a review and more pics when you get it.

Cheers
Stratgo
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got two Greco Sparkle Sounds. July and Aug 1977. Ones a sunburst in near mint condition, the other in natural in good condition. These have nitro finish and sought after Excel pickups. The downside is the pickups are a different size to what you can buy to replace them. But why bother, they're great pickups. Looks like you got a bargain and the humbucker would sound great. And a case as well.Yours looks to be two piece. Mine are three piece. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: