Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2003 loverock no "m I j " stamp , legit or fake ?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riffpowers
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: 2003 loverock no "m I j " stamp , legit or fake ?! Reply with quote

I've been the proud owner of a few Tokai guitars over the years , and always after another !

I've seen an interesting one for sale locally. It's a cherry sunburst flame top. Has the open book headstock , bell shaped 2 screw truss rod cover , and the serial number looks like an 030 2003 one . The patina and wear on the guitar match the age , and the pots seem decent quality.

It seems just like an mij guitar , apart from the fact there is no "made in Japan " on bottom of the headstock , it's blank .

Did Tokai make any like this ? Is it legit ??!! The seller isn't a guitar player so doesn't know any info .
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics would help as it sounds like some parts may have been modified. Bell TRC would be non-original and possibly pots depending on the model.

It does sound like a genuine MIJ, the biggest clue being the 2 screw TRC. There was no made in Japan stamp around that time, only a sticker which tended to get removed.
riffpowers
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
Pics would help as it sounds like some parts may have been modified. Bell TRC would be non-original and possibly pots depending on the model.

It does sound like a genuine MIJ, the biggest clue being the 2 screw TRC. There was no made in Japan stamp around that time, only a sticker which tended to get removed.

Thanks for the info ! I'll go in and have another look today .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: