Took apart my block logo Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nils

Reaction score
Problems with the neck and noisey pickups led me to pull the old workhorse apart. I thought people might be interested to see:

http://imgur.com/a/1iDOi

3 piece sen body? I had a Warmoth neck lying around, tried it for fit and it's way off. Thinking about trying one of the Japanese Allparts necks. Haven't decided what colout to respray it.

Hi Nils, what is wrong with the neck? Does it need a refret? That colour is quite rare as I've only seen one other fiesta red one. Normally FO flamingo orange or metallic red. Will need to check what CR stands for in the catalogs Crimson Red?

London.

It needs a refret and has a bit too much give in it. It may not be the neck that is the problem though, there is a shim in the pocket which might account for its lack of sustain. We'll see. The paint finish is weird, it's not nitro but not poly either.
Pulled a bit more off, Nitro I think they just went a bit heavy on the undercoat which has made it sort of crispy?

bluejeannot said:
1983 ST50.Alder not sen body.Thin poly finish.Rare colour.

Thanks, thin poly makes sense. I couldn't understand why it was coming away so oddly. It's light for alder.

She'll make noise again once her faults have been sorted.

Or could it be candy red (CR) ?

1984 Vol. 9 catalog

•Color:

BB- Black
SW- Snow White
CR- Candy Red
PR- Paisley Red
AB- All Paint Black
ASW- All Paint Snow White
AMR- All Paint Metallic Red
ACR- All Paint Candy Apple Red
ABBS- All Paint Blue-black sunburst

Rose neck if the color is followed by an R.
If H Is attached, It indicates a head paint neck.

•For detailed specitications of TLS50VC/TLS100.150.200HS/ TLC60,1000W and other Tokai regular
models, please read "The Tokai World".

•Please note that all models except for specific models may be out of stock due to limited production.

F3AB185E-2419-42D7-A2DD-E3927983087D.jpeg

586BD929-A5F1-44CA-8D68-A80A4D39156D.jpeg

Back