Can anyone help confirm identity of this guitar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crofty

Reaction score
Hi All,

have just become a member of the Tokai family and have just purchased a beautiful vintage cherry burst les paul. The only problem is that I cannot properly identify it. It is billed as a Les Paul Standard, no number USL etc. The shop that sold me the guitar confirmed tha it came from a Tokai UK rep. I can only find one shop in UK that stocks this model and the Tokai UK web pages do not have any references to it. It is not a 150 as it does not have the CTS pots, (it has GF made in Japan) caps and is a two piece body with PAF II pickups and green tulip tuners and it is not a LS95. There is no identifying marks in the pup cavities. The retail price slots in between the 95 and the 150.

No information using Google and Tokai Les Paul Standard - so any ideas?

Hi,

Without photos a bit difficult to say

Is the table Normal or Flamed or Quilted ?

Is it a 2016 model? the serial number (7 numbers back of the head) should start by 16 then take a look at http://www.theguitarshop.jp/catalogue/catalogue.html

You should find your model.

Roulette-65 you are spot on, it is a '16 and a look at the page you pointed at has confirmed that it is a LS128F so mystery solved thanks.

Latest posts

Back