• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Greco Super Real or Mint Collection SG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score
Any early 80s Super Real or Mint Collection SG's available in UK? Interested in '60's Standard' with Maestro and 'P90 Special'.

So many views and no replies, either super rare or coveted by their owners. Still seriously looking with funds ready and waiting!

wishbonz said:
So many views and no replies, either super rare or coveted by their owners. Still seriously looking with funds ready and waiting!

I think it's both, I spent quite a few years looking for one in Toronto, finally found a 1984 Tokai but had to pay large for it... haven't seen another good one since and its been almost 5 years.

They are very very rare. I looked for a SG Special for years without any luck.

SG's are properly the only Gibson-style guitars where I'd look at actual Gibsons.

I had an exceedingly rare TV Yellow Tokai SG Special:

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/marcusnieman/media/Guitars/CIMG0929.jpg.html

Sorry I sold this one. Still have a Mint Collection Greco SG Jr (white) that I'll never part with.

Good luck on the hunt.

I have owned, played, and eventually sold several different brands of MIJ SG models, including the Greco SS63-70 (Double Trick pups & Vibrola) & Greco SS63-50 (Hot Lick pups)

the SS63-50 was a player & a collector piece in mint condition

all of the MIJ made SGs I have owned were great guitars but they are to a point now that they have become quite difficult to source, and when one pops up no one wants to pay what they are worth :eek:

good luck finding your Greco SG; the hunt is half the fun & it will likely be a long hunt

Your best bet is probably trying to buy direct from Japan either thru the stores or Yahoo Japan as they do seem rare even in Japan. I'd imagine anyone who's gone thru the hassle of getting one already shipped over isn't going to give it up easily.

They do pop up on YJ from time to time last ones I saw sell were back in Nov/Oct

77,000 yen for the 84 with maestro

moondistortion-img552x599-14786604061478660406.507420173xh9ak020173.jpg

and 48,000 yen for the 81 special, obviously you'll then have to factor in shipping and comms but those seem to be the prices I've seen them sell at as I considered getting a special or junior SG at one time.

azumainu-img599x398-1476869384zjhvlb15605.jpg

Would this work for you at all ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greco-SS-800-3PU-SG-CTM-MIJ-1982-VG-condition-Japanese-vintage-w-GB-/232198137277?hash=item36101665bd:g:VHgAAOSwnHZYcAIJ

brokentoes said:
Would this work for you at all ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greco-SS-800-3PU-SG-CTM-MIJ-1982-VG-condition-Japanese-vintage-w-GB-/232198137277?hash=item36101665bd:g:VHgAAOSwnHZYcAIJ

if I were looking for a vintage Greco SG I would be all over that :p

Many thanks for the replies guys. Don't really want to import with the associated VAT and duties and now with the rosewood issue. I'm prepared to pay a decent price for something I can source in UK.

Latest posts

Back