Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of Bacchus handcrafted teles vs Suhr and Fender CS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esbenmad
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Quality of Bacchus handcrafted teles vs Suhr and Fender CS? Reply with quote

Hi folks

I just sold my acoustic and now have enough money to boy a really nice tele. I want a guitar, that I will be happy to play for the rest of my life. I have been down the road of heavily modifying a midrange guitar too many times - I have had good results, but it has always left me wanting more in the end and the cost has always piled up so I could as well have saved my money and bought a real quality instrument with just making a bit bigger investment. So I am through with that

I have heard great things about both the new Bacchus hand crafted line and the older vintage line, and have had a look at these:

http://www.deviser-bacchus.com/products/handmade-series-guitar/t-standard/
http://www.deviser-bacchus.com/products/handmade-series-guitar/btl-aged60-1/

So, my question is do the quality of these instruments match up with fx a Suhr Classic T Pro or a Fender Custom Shop tele?

The Suhr is only a few hundred dollars extra investment, and there are often Fender Custom Shop teles up for sale for just a bit more, than I would pay for one of these Bacchus teles.

What is your take on this, should I save my money or go for the Bacchus?

Thanks in advance

All the best, Esben
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buying a guitar that you will be happy with for life may be a tough one. there is no doubt some brands, Bacchus included, have a very good reputation for build quality and workmanship but that isn't the end all be all. there are too many variables involved; things like playability, neck profile, electronics/pickups, etc. that are subjective. when buying any brand ask questions and if the seller cannot answer properly then that is a red flag. keep an open mind and don't set your self up for potential disappointment
Esbenmad
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer! It is a bit nerve-wrecking to potentially buy a guitar online without trying it first, so you point about asking questions to the seller is a good one I think that patience is a key point here as well, because at some point a nice used tele is bound to show up near me. It is really nice to try before buying
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that being able to 'try before you buy' is the best option
frederikb
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guitars. Try to buy them used. Way cheaper. Were are you located?
Esbenmad
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually located in Århus I see you are in Copenhagen. Do you own Bacchuss guitars?
frederikb
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esbenmad wrote:
I am actually located in Århus I see you are in Copenhagen. Do you own Bacchuss guitars?

A few... I think I have owned more than 25 Bacchus guitars... still have the best left...Jeg skrev til dig på 4 sound. ..
Esbenmad
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arh, sjovt! Jeg synes også, at navnet virkede bekendt Jeg har svaret inde på 4sound. Hvad har i øvrigt været de fedeste bacchus du har ejet? Har kigget en del på deres tidligere vintageserie samt deres nyere t-standard/master.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: