Tokai neck and body

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnygonad

Reaction score
I aquired a guitar in the late 80s. I assumed it was a tokai as it had the tokai silver spaghetti logo which was over the top of the lacquer. The seller said it was a tokai neck but he thought it was a mighty mites body (which is how I bought it). Over time the logo flaked off and my son who was having a charvel moment decided to create a fake Charvel San Dimas so he put a charvel guitar shaped logo on the headstock and laquered over it.
I never really looked at the body untill recently. In the routings it seems to say
6=15 OF Z

HERE ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHS OF BOTH NECK AND BODY
http://s639.photobucket.com/user/Jonnygonad/library/tokai%20neck%206%2011A?sort=3&page=1

I have owned the guitar since about 87 I paid £40 for it and have regularly gigged it for 25+ years. it has goto pafs the trem in not original the old one disintegrated. The neck is a maple neck, maple board with a very pronounced v shape and a 50s fender radius. The truss rod adjuster is at the heel.
The only marking on the neck at the heel seem to say
6=11A

Other guys on here seem to think the neck is an 80/82 ST80 or ST100.
but no one as yet has given me a clue about the body.

thanks JonnyG

jonnygonad said:
it had the tokai silver spaghetti logo - Over time the logo flaked off and my son who was having a charvel moment decided to create a fake Charvel San Dimas so he put a charvel guitar shaped logo on the headstock and laquered over it.

:eek: What a shame!

I would say Tokai neck and body and the saddles are the same as others used by Tokai. Not sure about the pick up as a Les Paul expert may be able to comment.

Back