1981 LS200

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DN

Reaction score
Hi guys.
It's my first post here with my LS200. Pictures are taken in different conditions so color looks different but she is in good condition including cashew lacquer.

https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-jl4dkite534np2oq54vykh7xoa-1001&uniqid=abfa9ff1-bbc8-401e-a880-556a0f3fb5db

Nice meeting you all.

That thing is a beauty! I'm not exactly loving the "clown" sunburst, but then I'm sure real bursts looked equally as tacky when they were brand new - which is exactly what this one appears to be. Nice score, Super jealous!

Anyone interested in buying this LS200?

I'm in need for cash and thinking about selling this one.
Please PM me with an offer!

Cheers

i am interested, I would like to see the back of the headstock, is there any remains of the 200 sticker there? and pictures of the back of the pickups, the pickup cavities showing the flame running in the side walls, the wiring in the control cavity, and a close shot of the Logo..

also i would like to know the exact weight..

thanks..

Cashew example

_DSC4605.jpg

Hi. I've posted more pictures on the same site.

https://box.yahoo.co.jp/guest/viewer?sid=box-l-jl4dkite534np2oq54vykh7xoa-1001&uniqid=abfa9ff1-bbc8-401e-a880-556a0f3fb5db

It is cashew lacquer. I have owned another LS200 and it was the same. I have no doubt about that.

She weights about 4.4KG so she is a bit heavy but sounds wonderful. I have owned LS150(3.9kg) and LS200 (4.2kg) but this one is best sounding. I am not sure if it has to do with the weight.

As for the 200 sticker on the back of the head, it is long gone and can't even see the left over. However, I have the original warranty card stating the serial number and grade (LS200 VCS) so this is LS200 made in 1981.

Thanks!

cashew lacquer is amber originally, so it giver the white tokai logo a golden colour, it is perfectly feasible to have cashew lacquer on a cherry sunburst guitar...

DNs guitar is a 1981 LS-200 so it is cashew Lacquer

this is also cashew lacquer..

as is this...

Villager, you are right about cathew lacquer and how it changes over time. All the binding part fades to orangy yellow as well. Your guitars are beautiful too!

Back