LS75Q what string gauge comes stock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

math2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering what string gauge are the stock strings on the Tokai LS75Q (i really cant tell if the are 9 or 10), furthermore if you knew the brand of the strings by any chance... i would be greatfull.

I ve tried EB, Daddario, Elixir, DR, Rotosound, Blue Steel, and i think my next step will be Gibson LP or Vintage reissue strings. Any recommendations for sweaty hands?

Yannis
Thanks.

I'm not sure about the gauge, but the Love Rock II I recently tested also seemed to have a bit thinner strings than the 0.10-0.46 set that I'm normally using, so a new LS75 might come with 0.09 for high E. No idea about the brand though, it wasn't D'Addario with the colored ends, but they sounded good, too. It also seems that Tokai sets their guitars fairly low in the factory for a fast action which I don't like that much, but of course it's easy to change.

thanks hans.

It is a 2003 LS75Q. Most people in forums told me that it should definately be 10-46... :-?

math2014 said:
thanks hans.

It is a 2003 LS75Q. Most people in forums told me that it should definately be 10-46... :-?

It really should be on les paul types. Either way, it's a minimal change so buying 10's should make little to no difference to the setup.

I agree 0010 gaugge.As far a factory strings can be a lot of time in the guitar,who cares which they would be?My vote is for generic ones xxx brand.I replace them by any with a wound 3rd.

I feel factory strings very bright with low tension.

It works well for me.Something lower cannot fit for my tastes in a LP guitar.

Cheers guys, i ve put Gibson Vintage reissue strings 10-46 and they are like a dream.

problem is... i want at least 2-4 more Tokais....

I don't know what Billy Gibbons uses on his "Greenie" copy, but he is said to use .008 gauge and tunes them down to C# now and then on his other guitars. :) So there is no rule, use what feels best to you.

Factory strings on my 2003 LS80F were definitely 9s. Switched to 10s straight away, which is what I've been using since.

My Es 120 came with 9's. I put a set of 10's and found that this axe seems to prefer 9's. It is a matter of taste to each of us. There is little difference in tone between the sets. I think 10's will last a little longer. You can also do a little more of a bend with the 9's. I've been going back and forth between these 2 guages all my life. Maybe i'm turning into a whimp in my older years!

I suppose that 10-46 was on mine, since i ve put 10-46 Gibsons on, and it sounded the same, no fret buzz or anything.

Latest posts

Back