• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold to a nice chap on here ! - Tokai es100j (335)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Con the don

Reaction score
Hi all,

As per my comments on the es100 thread I am now selling the guitar that I've owned for all of 2 weeks and raved about to everyone.

I don't want to sell it but I ended up buying a Gibson 335 owned by my wife's favourite artist this week. It's buggered up my new kitchen fund and although I feel the Tokai is going to be a great investment, I can't afford to keep 2 really similar guitars when household things need doing !

Now looking for £1150 inc hard case and yes , it's as good as it looks

122koyd.jpg

351wzk1.jpg

2w32cyh.jpg

:cry:

Note it's back on as a Tokai Forum chap wanted it but he's outside of the U.K. and shipping it wasn't really an option.

Amazing that you got Gaz Coombs 335. Why'd he go and sell it? I hope he's not hard up for money. If a guy with his talent can't live off his music then it really is the end! :(

Hi Mikey,

He's moving studios and is having a bit of a clear out , I got the impression that there may be more stuff on the way. His new album although brilliant (imho) is far less guitary than previous ones so maybe he doesn't need them all now.

Hi Mikey,

He's moving studios and is having a bit of a clear out , I got the impression that there may be more stuff on the way. His new album although brilliant (imho) is far less guitary than previous ones so maybe he doesn't need them all now.

Thank's Don,

I'm glad that's the reason - is it a vintage one btw? I saw him playing a 335 a few times. That band were superb - one of the best bands ever to come out of Britain (who else could have written 'Moving'?). Why the hell they never got further astounds me. I thought the last album was slightly weaker than previous but still really good. Good luck with the guitar!

Mike.

Thanks Mikey, it's a 96 but it's been played hard,it feels like a vintage and is very warm.

Funny enough Im teaching my wife the chords to Moving and Late in the Day at the moment . I'd never really appreciated the chords he uses before but there are some real beauties in there.

He's selling his green Burns custom now as we speak :)

Thanks Mikey, it's a 96 but it's been played hard,it feels like a vintage and is very warm.

Funny enough Im teaching my wife the chords to Moving and Late in the Day at the moment . I'd never really appreciated the chords he uses before but there are some real beauties in there.

He's selling his green Burns custom now as we speak :)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/77581/fs-burns-nu-sonic-serial-no-009-ex-supergrass-gaz-coombes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burns-Nu-Sonic-ex-Supergrass-Gaz-Coombes-made-in-England-serial-no-009-/401135910400?hash=item5d65903e00:g:ZuYAAOSwbYZXXZwD

Hi all, I've put this back on the market . I've also been told that it may be an 82 rather than an 81 as the special edition headstock only appeared in 82.

It was sold to me as an 81 by a very well respected dealer though so who knows :)

if the serial starts with 81, it's an 81. My sunburst one is an 81 without the 'special' headstock, my cherry one is an 81 with the same headstock as yours.
I think the first year of es100's is 1980. I have seen a few with an 80's serial.
good luck with the sale!

And JL , hurry back to Brighton as that's slightly closer to me.

What's so good about France anyway except for the weather, the food , the wine, the roads and the relaxed way of life !

Thanks Jo and I'm sitting here rattling off Something by the Beatles on it right now :)

It does sound cleaner than the Gibson, not as warm but with better note definition imho. Every time I pick it up I want to keep it but if I get rid of the Gaz one I'll have to call in Relate !

Slight bump to the top as I've dropped the price to £1200. Obviously this morning if you are based in Europe it will work out even cheaper than it was yesterday !

Latest posts

Back