• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LS320 Feeler

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebar

Reaction score
This is a feeler on selling my 1999 Tokai LS320 in violin finish. This is a single cut LP hand made in Japan. The original case is included along with the pick guard, which has never been fitted. Pickups signed by both Seymour Duncan and Seth Lover.

The only changes to the original specification (given below) have been to recently replace the pickup selector with a new swithchcraft switch and to upgrade the bridge to a Nashville bridge.

Frets show negligible wear. The only item of damage has been to the G tuner, which is slightly bent but works fine, and some laquer has been chipped off the corner of the headstock, as shown in the photographs.

Tokai LS320 Specs:

Body:
AAAA Flame Maple Two Piece Top
Honduras Mahagony One Piece Back
Neck:
Honduras Mahagony One Piece Deep Joint
Fretboard:
Jacaranda Brazilian Rosewood
Fret Edge Binding
Bridge:
LS-VB Bridge
LS-VT Aluminium Tailpiece
Pickups:
Seymour Dundan SH-55
Pots:
CTS
Caps:
Black Cat
Case:
OHSC
Weight 4.4 kg/9.8 Lbs
Year 1999

This took a while to find and, if it goes, I’ll probably regret it at some stage. I purchased this from a reputable high end MIJ LP dealer who ensured that the condition of the instrument was as close to perfect as possible. In my ownership it has seen bedroom use only in a smoke, pet and child free environment. The reason for sale is that I just fancy something different. I’m asking £2000.

currypowder said:
No probably about it, you WILL regret letting it go. My '02 LS-320 is the one guitar I would keep if circumstances forced me to get rid of everything else. Just don't do it!

hey curry, I still recall the top on your LS-320; very distinctive top on yours & as I recall yours is also fairly light weight for a 320
glad to hear you still have it :)

the seller may regret selling his 320 but then that is the nature of buying & selling

I saw this same 320 on another forum & the seller stated the inlays are MOP but Tokai literature list the inlay material as "amber cell" which is a darker than traditional colored celluloid

interesting to see such variance on 320 maple tops; I like the top on mine but the neck is a tad thin

Latest posts

Back