Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny LP Custom Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majarichie
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Burny LP Custom Question Reply with quote

Hi,

I just bought a Burny LP Custom from Japan. I'm trying to find any info on the model. The seller listed it as a 1999 RLC-58 and that it was a limited production in Japan only. The only serial number I can find is in the bridge pickup cavity. Stamped on the wood is: F 99 10638.

Any info is GREATLY appreciated!

Rich

[/img]
LPjunior
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say without pictures but Id guess a RLC58 would be a chinese made Burny. The price is usually quoted in the model number and even in the early nineties the Japanese made ones were RLC70's (70,000 yen) I dont think they'd made any cheaper ones in Japan, the chinese made ones with the 3 screw truss rod covers were listed as RLC55's when they came out.

Why does the seller think it's a japanese limited model? You could always check the Fernandes catalogues see if it's on there but I'd guess it was a chinese made RLC55 like this one maybe?

majarichie
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures. I don't know how he got the model designation. The guitar has good weight and plays very good. I'm hoping it's Japanese.

http://postimg.org/gallery/2g0791xf4/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: