• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[SOLD] Burny Super Grade FLG-90 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
l6rbqbhmryn2feifojay.jpg
zonlzlzcmdrdwvme4f8t.jpg

ulmyboniezbe1q0wzqmx.jpg
h5ot2mpzlrqztkobmrlu.jpg

Burny Super Grade FLG-90

Body: One-piece Honduran Mahogany

Neck: One-piece Honduran Mahogany with a slim 60’s profile, vivid rosewood fretboard and MOP inlays (serial number dates to 1981).

Pickups/Hardware:
All original parts. Fernandes “Deluxe” double-ring tuners, ABR-1 style bridge, bone nut, two L8001 PAF humbuckers (Rated at ca. 7.5 kOhms), braided wire, Noble pots and PIO caps.

Cosmetic Condition:
The top and back is in very nice condition. There is no belt buckle ash etc. Nitrocellulose lacquer. The finish have faded to a nice brown-tinted honeyburst, whereas most FLG’s are cherry. Natural aging to hardware. Previous owner(s) have cared very well for the guitar, but it is not a case queen, as witnessed by a professional refret. 1981 Super Grade script logo. The guitar has a lot of character and is structurally sound all around.

Playability: The strings are nice and low, play great, and ring out clearly across the board. Guitar is very resonant guitar.

Modifications/Repairs: Professional refret

Weight: 4,2 kg

Case: Original hardshell (black leather, red lining) or Gator 50’s repro

cashcow said:
One piece back? Looks like 2. Beautiful Burny.

the body back photo demonstrates two distinct areas of quarter sawn lumber separated by a completely different lumber feature; a 1 piece body back would not offer this image

Well, I wouldn't want to mislead people, and the best thing I can do is provide pictures. The spec for a 1981 FLG is one-piece back. I have found no evidence of a seam in either the cut-away, or the bottom of the guitar. Please note that the "seam" is 2 mm wide and is not ruler straight. High-res pictures provided. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9n7l6ihk461fvl/AAD-RNLiUY60xvvmlSNiHl3ea?dl=0

Back