Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it really Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninja_cat
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Is it really Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68? Reply with quote

Is it really Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68? Actually, the seller called it Greco Les Paul Custom EGC68 Black Beauty, but i guess it's not the official name.

I've checked the original pups - they are "screaming" ones. Currently some other pickus are installed in it (Merlin PAF), but i also got the originals.

Shouldn't there be "custom" on the truss rod cover?

Serial number is C832103 .
Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50390125@N02/sets/72157652637001984

Thanks!
CliffsComicWorld
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking guitar!!!

I believe it's a EGC68-50
Whittlez
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Looks like an EGC 68-50

Has all the right stuff. Open "O" matches the model year. Truss rod cover is the correct shape. Inlay and script look correct.

"black beauty" just defines... a Black Les Paul Custom. Some people think BB's are only the 3 pickup models, but opinions differ.

But his describing it as a black beauty means... it's black with some nice shiny hardware and not much more. It's not an official Greco model.

EGC 68-50 has Rosewood FB and Screamin pickups so everything correlates.

Truss Rod covers are easily replaceable but these look authentic and I've seen plenty of Greco TRC's without any writing, including "Custom".
I have several Grecos and it certainly looks authentic.

Check out the PC98K I just posted pictures of. It's a 84 Mint Collection open O as well, so similar in a lot of ways

Nice guitar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: