Does anyone else here have an early '80's Tokai Explorer?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
Here's my '84. Anyone else got one tucked away somewhere? I'd really like to see some others.

There must be someone else out there with one? :-?

Phantom....you got anything??

That's really cool, I don't have one but I wish I did. Would you mind sharing a few things about it? Like weight, neck profile, balance , playability, pickups etc
I've been keeping an eye out for one of those and a V as well. They seem to be quite rare. 8)

Hi Mojo,

OK, weight is very light - under 7 pounds easily - amazing for a quite large-body guitar. Balance is very good , standing or sitting - both very comfortable. Neck profile is like my '59 Junior, not slim and not fat - pretty ideal really - slightly fatter than my 64 Juniors and the wood is beautiful - very resonant and responsive. The pickups are Duncan antiquities as I bought it sans pickups. It sounds really good and sustains well - on the bass pickup exceptionally so - my band members agree on this. It's a really good guitar - has a few knocks and dings but is all the more playable for that!

Good luck in your search but I really only know of one other that Glen on here had('Wishbonz').

Thanks for the info, you've made me want one even more. :D

Enjoy your cool guitar.

Hi Mojo,

You could ask Wishbonz who has his other one - I bought this one off him - and see if that person wants to sell it?

Otherwise I'll keep my eyes skinned for another and let you know if I find one.

Cheers

Mike.

Mojo Pin said:
That's really cool, I don't have one but I wish I did. Would you mind sharing a few things about it? Like weight, neck profile, balance , playability, pickups etc
I've been keeping an eye out for one of those and a V as well. They seem to be quite rare. 8)

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23118

E95%20%283%29%20%28Individuell%29.jpg

E96%20%283%29%20%28Individuell%29.jpg

Latest posts

Back