Greco Phil Collen model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentaplacenta

Reaction score
Here's one I haven't seen before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-84-PC-98K-LPC-LP-Custom-w-Kahler-Trem-Rare-Model_W0QQitemZ200123075015QQihZ010QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

magentaplacenta said:
Here's one I haven't seen before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greco-84-PC-98K-LPC-LP-Custom-w-Kahler-Trem-Rare-Model_W0QQitemZ200123075015QQihZ010QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mmmmmmh....********....He was Steve Clark on Def Leppard playing a Les Paul with a Khaler tremolo.
As far as I know, Phil has always played Jackson-like guitars....

:wink:

Sorry for the necropost but I'm buying one right now

I see somebody calling '********'

Phil Collen Greco is not ********

It's in their catalog and on the Wikipedia article too

This is a legit Mint Collection Greco, and a high tier one with Dry pickups and a Kahler

It's in the Greco catalog listed at 98,000 Yen

Yes, they made a John Sykes. THats JS

This is a PC98K I am buying . Phil Collen with Dry pups and a Kahler

I'm stoked . Great Mint Collection Open O Greco Custom . Just found it!!!

I've got a Greco Ace Frehley too

I like their Sig models!!

Yep both the JS 98K and PC 98K are legitimate Greco models , both look to have the same specs. Guess Greco thought they'd get more sales appealing doing two signature models even though neither players are associated with or seem to have played a Kahler equipped black LPC :)

Looks like they had the CNC set up for routing a kahler on the EGC95's and decided to add them to the John Sykes and Randy Rhoads line as well as knocking out a Phil Collens model too.

I've one of the lower model JS55's and despite the price it's a well made and decent guitar, the specs on the 98's include better pups , one piece backs etc

Untitled_zpsdz1qhnmd.png
tmc_6.jpg

Thanks

Yup, same catalog page I saw

Btw, one question

You say one piece back but in the description on the page you posted, it says 2 piece back for the PC98K

Since its , in the words of the RS 'painted black' I can't tell by looking

Do you have reason to believe the ad is wrong?

I'm STOKED just to get Drys!

I have a Ace Frehley Greco I love

It's only a 600 but it does have the Waffle tuners, only offered on the 800

Three piece top

I'd misread the one piece mahagony neck as back, bloody text is too small on these pics :)

Back