Uncertain about my Burny...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like a '90s model, 98 most likely-look at those dinky POT's-
I have one simular- do the center seams match up inside the pickup cavitys??

ochay said:
Looks to me like a '90s model, 98 most likely-look at those dinky POT's-
I have one simular- do the center seams match up inside the pickup cavitys??

Actually, I forgot to look that closely. The maple cap isn't really that figured, and looks real in all respects. But shouldn't the neck tenon be shorter if it was a Korea model?

I don't know what every one elses verdict is but here's some problems I have with some of the things the seller has said.

Burny's went at least up to RLG-120s because I've seen them.

They were made at Fuji Gen Gakki well after 1980.

Other than that I don't know.

Ok, thanks for all your input. I'm still a bit unsecure here, mainly because of the medium/long neck tenon (visible in the neck cavity, but not protruding into it) and the sycamore maple top. The electronics, esp. pots, looks a bit newer. I'm very unsure about the truss rod cover etc., as I've not seen anything like it before. The seller claims there were many varieties as the guitars were produced on different factories through the years. I have seen other MIJ Burnys with three screw trcs, although without the ridges.

Anyway, with all the uncertainty of dating these guitars I don't think I have a very strong case.

Best,

Lars Erik

How about this, do you think that is a Korean or Chinese too? It looks like it has got the same cream covers on the back and the same truss rod cover. You can't actually see the ridges on the pic, but I'm sure they're there. And it's got the same three screws. I think it looks the same, just without pickup covers... well, well :)

Ehm, maybe I should include the link as well!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7349481443&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It's ended and reserve not met, but anyway.

Latest posts

Back