Tokai Factory Tour

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankeroo

Reaction score
Hey all, I just joined the forum here and wanted to share a link about my visits to the Tokai factory. I figured this would be the place where it would get some love! Ha. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Japanese guitars and Tokai is just such a nice company and owned by nice people. Actually the same family has operated Tokai since it's inception in 1947. I know every forum has it's own etiquette so I hope I'm posting in the right place!
http://drowninginguitars.com/2013/08/17/tokai-gakki-factory-visit/

Well, connecting with the Japanese guitar makers wasn't easy. You have to spend a lot of time gaining trust and making these connections. I was at Tokai in 2013 and again in 2015. They consolidated the factory and stopped making the Cat's Eyes acoustic guitars there. Back in 2013, there was one master craftsman making all those high end acoustics. They were beautiful! But if anyone has questions about various Tokai history and guitars I can try to help. I still email regularly with Adachi san who is the president of Tokai.

Hi Frank. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your tour and site.

I actually picked up your book just about a month ago. I haven't had a chance to much more than skim it so far, but it looks like a great source. I'm looking forward to digging into it.

Back