RIP David Bowie

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David-Bowie-and-Iggy-Pop-in-the-1970s-11.jpg

Ringo with a perm, LuLu between Beck and Ronson, Jagger's wife Bianca to the left of Bowie. Angela Bowie to right of David.

"Back, left to right: Edgar Broughton, Bianca Jagger, David Bowie, Angie Bowie, Elliott Gould (?); Front: Ringo Starr, Celia Hammond, Jeff Beck, Lulu, Mick Ronson, Dana Gillespie."

Finally purchased Black Star.

It won't sway me away from my worship of tracks like TVC15, Be My Wife and The Secret Life of Arabia but still a good album.

Amazing that the guy could still turn out some good music at nearly 70 - he really was a genuinely creative musician. Where are We Now off the second last album just blew me away, and there's some other great tracks on that album too.

Still loving the photos!

"In 1968 while he was still a struggling artist, Bowie wrote some English lyrics to a French song titled "Comme d'Habitude" ("As Usual"). His version, "Even a Fool Learns to Love", never did get recorded, but when the French melody caught the attention of Paul Anka, he reworked the lyrics and the song became "My Way". Of course, when Frank Sinatra recorded "My Way" his way, it turned to gold."

Would have been cool to see Frank and David do a duet. The one with Bing is a classic.

Sweet Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XACXQU_6gQI

RCA didn't want it on Ziggy

Happy birthday David

Back